Liquid vent dials we need your help!

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
Hi guys,

there are a few of us on here all after the liquid dial/live map for our ibiza mk3's. however i do not want the pod unit which looks like a satnav, i want it like the TT or the LEON where it either replaces a air vent or like some other people have said - custom a pod to house the unit.

Just wanted to know have any mk3 ibiza owners managed to fit this in the side airvent if so how do you do it and would you do it for mine if i pay you as ill just bugger it up lol or failing that of it cannot be done, how would i go about fitting the unit into a A pilla/pod like a normal boost gauge say but its the unti, follow this website and on the left hand side click ibizas and you will see the unit (best gadget ever) and hopefully somebody out there can help us work out the best way to get it fitted into the car rather than get the "POD" which is a satnav looking unit - does the same just dont look as professinal lol when its "hardwired/built into the car" it looks that much better.

http://racediagnostics.com/cms/index.php?page=products

Please help advice, tips, if you have done it a how to, pics

Thanks so much in advance

Ant :)

daves ibiza

i also had a thread on here about this im just guna custom make my pod holder as i have the best idea lol my misses ordered me one but carnt have it in till crimbo lol i was thinking to build a carbon facia and cut around gauge and put it down near ashtray. or try 60m gauges and work around that

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
i also had a thread on here about this im just guna custom make my pod holder as i have the best idea lol my misses ordered me one but carnt have it in till crimbo lol i was thinking to build a carbon facia and cut around gauge and put it down near ashtray. or try 60m gauges and work around that

Ok mate sounds good, when you do get it and figure out what way your guna mount it would you mayb take pics of the progress for us??

thanks mate

daves ibiza

of course i was guna do the same with my APEXI AVCR fabricate do a tester in mdf then for real in carbon:)

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
Guys i emailed the place that make/sell these and asked if the audi TT or the MK4 ibiza kit would fit in a pilla pod the guys said -

Anthony,

All of the various liquidxx devices have identical software so are interchangeable between cars.

The diameter of the round pcb is 72mm so you would need a large diameter pillar pod but I have seen it done.

Best regards
Jim

anyway thats an option im waiting to see what size the audi tt and mk4 are as if 60mm (pod size) we could all look at getting them and putting it into a pilla pod, ill keep u posted guys

ant

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
Just had pretty much the same response as you ant.

Im going to email Nomad racing, they make these:
http://www.nomadracing.com/catalog/...d=437&osCsid=b69382b19df1eea2d4cf2740cdd6860e

They may be able to do something for us.

hi mate so you guna get this and buy the kit form and custom it? i may join ya lol i was thinking fiber glass?? also i did get a reply from liquid dial place and he said this..

"They are the same PCB. The only difference in the kit is the diameter of the fascia supplied.

Any of the rectangular pcbs would also work.

The round pcbs have a 9 pin D connector at the rear. The rectangular pcbs use an ethernet RJ45 type connector.

so i asked him if i got the audi TT or mk 4 ibiza kit would they fit in a 60mm pod so waiting for reply - the kit for mk4 and the TT are round already so may work... lol

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
ok got a reply poss a good outcome... he said

"Antony,

Either kit will do, its going to be down to the pod you can get hold of to adapt and the size of the hole in that.

The tt fascia is 68mm the Mk4 is 78.5mm.

Cheers
Jim

so if we got the TT airvent kit we would need a 60mm pod and sand the sides down a bit to make it 8.5mm larger??? a option maybe

beeza_warrior

i used to have the tt one in a 60mm pod just dremell the pod out a little bit, easy to do

daves ibiza

im keeping my idea think it will look neat moulded in a peice of carbon ;)

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
nomad racing said:
i Alex i am pretty sure we contacted this company ages ago to try and get a template or old knackered unit, we just e.mailed them again so will see what happens, cheers martyn at nomad racing

Just sent them the two technical drawings that race diagnostics have on their website, hopefully they will do the trick.

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Nomad Racing said:
all we can do is look to see if its feasable to put in a pillar pod, race diagnostics offered to send us an old unit but we will have words with our manufacturer first with the measurements, cheers martyn at nomad racing.

Will update when I get a response.

Jan 6, 2009
sunny falmouth
any update on these people im just bout to buy one but stuck were to put it i was thinking of taking out the clock dash bit and putting it in behind the left airvent wat do you guys reckon

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
they just look like the plug and play between the screen a odb port

for mounting ideas

like the a pillar you guys are tlaking about, have you heard of somthing called not sure of the name did this at school years ago think it was called vacum moulding,

ill explain what im talking about,

you made the mould by heating the a plastic sheet up on this certian machine then lowered it onto a wooden moulding then sucked like all the air from in side it which left you with a hollow mould

we did this a school to make a steady hand game and the ciruit board was house in side it

this link is kinda the basic idea,
vacuum-forming.jpg

just thought it might be an idea for you guys as it looks a nice piece of kit to have

daves ibiza

lol i was using these in my last job. making leg braces and faulse legs :lol: awesome peice of kit . and dam it that plastic gets hot[:@]

Mat

I'm looking at getting one of these and mounting it near the interior light

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members