list MK3 parts that will fit the MK2

chipmunk82

MK3 Ibiza Cupra
Aug 26, 2010
Stroud
I had a go earlier, it does fit but the plastic lip at the back on that supports the shelf sticks up too high and it didnt exactly slot into place either, had to be flat for the pole thingys to fit in. It would do but I think i'll buy a spare mk2 one instead.

chipmunk82

MK3 Ibiza Cupra
Aug 26, 2010
Stroud
Does the mk3 cupra rear bumper fit on? (just bumper not tailgate)
I was thinking about putting a mk3 cat back on but the mk2 bumper doesnt have the cut out for the tailpipes

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
cut it out then as alot on the mk2 section have fitted mk3 cupra exhausts with good results. also the rear will look really odd with 2 number plate recess`s!

chipmunk82

MK3 Ibiza Cupra
Aug 26, 2010
Stroud
I had forgotten about the numberplate recess, i just like the way the tailpipes sit into the bumper on the mk3 rather than below it on the mk2

kares

And what is with front mk3 door cards. Because they dont match up properly to the mk2 dash. will fit there?

Sohcibiza

postimage.org/image/2v1kttnic/

I have been using Bilstien shocks but since part 2 and 3 has crumbled to a pile of dust. I have been using these shocks without them. The mechanic told me that if I am using Bilstien shocks there is no need for me to use part 2 and 3. True or false?

Sohcibiza

I have been looking over the net for my car's radiator and breather silicone hoses. It seems that only VW have the parts. But I was just not sure if I can get the right size/angle for my 2.0 8v Gti. Also, it seems that my search in SC keeps returning with no result too. So does anyone knows if these hoses are available in sets? VW parts number or cars model numbers? Thanks.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
postimage.org/image/2v1kttnic/

I have been using Bilstien shocks but since part 2 and 3 has crumbled to a pile of dust. I have been using these shocks without them. The mechanic told me that if I am using Bilstien shocks there is no need for me to use part 2 and 3. True or false?

It is better to keep the part 2 and 3 if you hit a big pothole or similar at speed it stops your shock destroying itself.

Sohcibiza

It is better to keep the part 2 and 3 if you hit a big pothole or similar at speed it stops your shock destroying itself.

M1KEH, Thanks. do you anyone here, knows any online dealers selling silicone ones? oem just doesn't last long here. :think:

Ieuan-J

Jan 8, 2010
South Wales
do i need to get a mk3 interior loom if i want a mk3 dash or are they plug and play? and do i need to trim it or does it go straight in? Also do the door cards fit mk2 5doors? thanks in advance :)

Aug 29, 2010
suffolk
Hi I know the mk3 exhausts fit the mk2 but will the magnex go past the spare wheel well on the mk3 after an oval now so if anyone wants tto swap let me know