list of errors on new cupra :(

H8T WP

Car went into limp mode last night, took to dealers, and got it on their machine, came back with a list of 5 pages worth of errors... mostly electrical failures, coil pack (running on 3 cylinders) , camshaft adjustment, fuel pressure regulator.. etc ( seems like a sensor has gone - but which one lol )

the car was remapped last week and we can't determine whether this would be the cause of the problems..

i'm in a tough situation at the moment, as until the problem is found, we cant tell whether its the map which has caused it or not, thus either me paying or the warranty covering it.

car was cleared of errors and upon starting it up again, they ( and different ones ) came back and went into limp mode again.

i am going to try getting back to the place where it was mapped and see if the normal vag-com can sort it out..

for seat to go through the long list would take a lot of labour time.. im stumped at the mo really...

can i drive in limp mode??

what would you do??

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
That's bad news mate.
However, mine was showing the cam sensor fault again and again, but this problem with damp weather triggered it every time.
Now my dealer has had to hardwire a new wiring loom from the ECU to each sensor and ultimately to the coilpack.
This has finally fixed it !
So there was some seriously faulty wiring in the loom, - maybe a bad connector or earth.

Maybe yours could be the same, as symptoms are similar.

Ask dealer to check it out.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Didn't you get a remap that could be switched off for the dealer? Failing that, can't your tuner switch it back to standard for the garage to take a look? That would be my biggest nightmare with a remap, even worse if the engine goes pop and the code is stuck in there.

Fell for you bud. Hope it all works out ok :).

PS - Do the garage know it is mapped? - If so what did they say about it?

H8T WP

did you have a copy of all of the error codes?
yeah but it was basically everything ! looks like one sensor just caused all sorts of random errors, plus when it was diagnosed again, different errors came up....

djhorace - i wil get it back to standard and hope the problem can be narrowed down.

i dont think its remap related, just an awful co incidence.

how far can i go in limp mode?

RSTuning

As i said on the phone you should not have admitted a map as they should at the most been able to see a date, and if they wanted to could have looked at logging boost but with the car in limp i highly doubt.

It's not like the software is "different" as we always mod the file read from the car to ensure there are no hidden extras!

As you said, they cleared the code and it came back straight away which really does indicate hardware failure, i'm sure you mentioned cam position sensor? That would cause this problem but dont understand the list of other errors (except the coil which was why the emissions light will have flashed prior to this)

Like i said i'll be happy to put the stock map on but it means a very slow 2 way trip because i guarantee this wont fix the problem

Paul

H8T WP

As i said on the phone you should not have admitted a map as they should at the most been able to see a date, and if they wanted to could have looked at logging boost but with the car in limp i highly doubt.

It's not like the software is "different" as we always mod the file read from the car to ensure there are no hidden extras!

As you said, they cleared the code and it came back straight away which really does indicate hardware failure, i'm sure you mentioned cam position sensor? That would cause this problem but dont understand the list of other errors (except the coil which was why the emissions light will have flashed prior to this)

Like i said i'll be happy to put the stock map on but it means a very slow 2 way trip because i guarantee this wont fix the problem

Paul
i know it wont fix the problem, but its a step forward in getting to the route of the problem :( your vag com may even pick up something different to theirs after all.

can i drive up to leads in limp mode ? or could it knock the timing out and all sorts?

cheers paul ! :)

RSTuning

It would drive but i really really would not advise it, especially when you said it changes the errors every time :S

Done alot of tfsi's with similar software to yours and none have had any issues. Maybe there is a design fault with the loom or something? My money is on the cam sensor side of things but could be a mile off.

If we struggle i can send a remote box down to you loaded with your original BUT i have none in stock and not too sure when i will get some.

Paul

H8T WP

ok mate, let me know when's cool to come up somehow,.. maybe saturday? and we can take it from there.

RSTuning

Just wondering if it's worth seeing if a dealer is open up here for when you arrive then we have a good chance of you driving home with a fully functional car!

I have a dyno day on the saturday but the afternoon wont be a problem as i think there are only 10 cars to run.

Paul

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Well techincally plugging a fuse into what is a blank / empty holder shouldn't cause a problem because there should be nothing on that circuit ......... however that was the case with the car on the other thread and it cured the 'fault' ...... you could try it and see :)

H8T WP

my question would be why is it empty in the first place? a lambda probe fuse sounds like its needed to me .... i cant find any spare fuses at the mo :(

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Could be a manual that's not quite up to date, could be that there should be a fuse there and it isn't .... could be that there's an error in the cars wiring ........ can you not nick a 15A blade fuse from elsewhere or neighbours car - something like electric windows or something?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Could be a manual that's not quite up to date, could be that there should be a fuse there and it isn't .... could be that there's an error in the cars wiring ........ can you not nick a 15A blade fuse from elsewhere or neighbours car - something like electric windows or something?

good idea! or just to prove the theory fog lamps, rear demister, radio....

or just get to a petrol station - as they'll have a pack to sell (unless you have microfuses in the mk2)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
If it's micro fuses, most of the current honda range have them so if there's a neighbour with a honda they'd provide a donor. I honestly don't think it can make the situation any worse, however if you've had a christmas skinful don't take it for a drive to test it :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.