Locked the keys inside!

M0nty

Had driven the leon to the garage so the keys where in. Had the hoover out, did the back, had to close the back door to fit the hoover round to the front, went to open the front door.. no such luck, it had locked me out!

So..
Any ideas?
Don't have another key for it.

..TBH, the most annoying thing is I had the music blasting away so I could hear it over the vaccum cleaner so it's going to be playing until the battery runs out!

If you don't want your ingenious plan given out over the internet for all to see, you can PM me no probs.

Thanks guys!

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Call your breakdown service (Seat assist if you've got it), they'll be into the car in seconds...

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
tried the spare key....... Seriously though, my mother locked the keys in my Toledo when it was running she hit the lock all doors button instead of the open boot button (where I was stood) and promptly got out of the car and shut the door behind her grrrrrr. Anyway AA man came and got in no worries, it's a lot easier if keys are in and car is running.

You don't have enough posts for PM's and I am not posting the answer on a public forum I'm afraid. But I know how to do it.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Yeah all you needed to do is call Seat assist and they'll sort it presuming your cars not three years old yet.Thats what I would try anyway.Or the AA WHO I'm with anyway.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Yeah all you needed to do is call Seat assist and they'll sort it presuming your cars not three years old yet.Thats what I would try anyway.Or the AA WHO I'm with anyway.

I thought it was 2 years?

Our paramount aim is to keep you on the move with the utmost in constantly evolving, constantly available, constantly excellent service. No matter where your driving takes you. As from January 1st 2005, any new SEAT purchased and registered in the UK from an authorised SEAT dealer, is covered free by SEAT Assistance for roadside repairs or recovery to an authorised repairer for a term of two years. Your member of the SEAT authorised network will ensure that all servicing and repairs are carried out in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.

M0nty

Thanks for all the help so far guys, I'll see what I can do with it from what you's've said and if it's too much I'll call the AA or something!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.