Locking fault

Jamie225

Dec 16, 2009
Leicester
Hey everyone my lcr has developed a central locking fault. When you press the unlock button on remote once drivers door unlocks but when you press it again the other doors do not. if i get in the car and use the button on the window switch everything works and unlocks as it should. it all locks as it should just doesnt unlock, i have checked fuses, tryed recoding key but nothing seems to work. any ideas?

zx6r

Hi Jamie,

Did you get to the bottom of your problem? I've got a 2003 Leon Cupra and it has just started doing the same as yours. I've looked around on here and have found plenty of central locking faults but yours is the only one with the same symptoms as mine.

I've tried the recoding with the spare in the ignition with no joy, and don't really want to go and let a dealer rob me just yet!!

jakemorris

Jul 8, 2007
Try disconnecting the battery and touch the pos and neg cables (that go to the battery) together then reconnect- worked for me on friday! remember radio code!
jake

zx6r

Cheers Jake, did that last night and all is fine now. Fingers crossed it stays that way!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.