Locking help!

Feb 24, 2023
Swindon
Hello all,
Picked myself up a Mk1 Seat Leon Cupra R recently but having trouble with the locking!
Just wanted to explain what was happening to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

So the car will lock using the fob but the only doors that lock are the drivers and boot. The rears stay permanently unlocked and the passenger sort of just does what it wants but mainly stays locked from the outside until it is opened from the inside of the car.

I’m planning to get another key cut and the lock mechanisms for passenger and both rears so I can change them to start there. My theory was maybe the passenger front door mechanism is knackered and throwing off the rest of the doors possibly?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Firstly, good choice.
Secondly unfortunately sounds like the most common issue with the mk1’s the door lock module.
Best to change any that are temperamental whilst you can get the doors open otherwise it becomes a real pain to get them open.

Feb 24, 2023
Swindon
Thanks! I know I’ve wanted one for years now and always been putting off as wanted to make sure I got a good one but this came up 5mins up the road so thought why not as I will never get one otherwise haha

That’s what I’m hoping so currently just trying to source some modules as quick as I can to get it sorted. Need to have a search around to find out if there’s any fuses or anything that could also cause some issues.

Then it’s onto the fun of sorting the water in the carpet so can reseal all doors at the same time and hope for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2023
Swindon
It’s pretty stock. Has a miltek exhaust, Carbon Dynamics induction kit, re trimmed flat bottom steering wheel and some angel eye headlights.

The steering wheel is actually really nice, I was going to put a stock one on but I’ve liked it over the couple weeks I’ve had it. And then the headlights I will be changing once I can find a nice standard pair as not a huge fan of them!

Shouldn’t take much to get it back up together aslong as the locking doesn’t become a nightmare! It’s just gone over 97k so not terrible mileage either.

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
It’s pretty stock. Has a miltek exhaust, Carbon Dynamics induction kit, re trimmed flat bottom steering wheel and some angel eye headlights.

The steering wheel is actually really nice, I was going to put a stock one on but I’ve liked it over the couple weeks I’ve had it. And then the headlights I will be changing once I can find a nice standard pair as not a huge fan of them!

Shouldn’t take much to get it back up together aslong as the locking doesn’t become a nightmare! It’s just gone over 97k so not terrible mileage either.

Here is the door sealing guide incase you need it.

Agree with what the others said, unboubtedly just the door modules. They are about 25 quid on ebay for new 3rd party ones.

TommyD16

Jan 2, 2023
My drivers door unlocks 90% of the time but double pressing the fob to unlock the other doors doesn’t work that often. I have to use the unlock button by the drivers window switches. Mostly when cold. I’m thinking cold solder joints maybe in the control module/receiver??
Anyone know where this is?

Feb 24, 2023
Swindon
I was trying to find that link again for the doors as seen it last week so thanks for sending it!

I’ve already ordered the trim clips and butyl tape and got a rear drivers and passenger front module coming from eBay that came to £37 for the pair so hopefully they sort the problem.

I think I also have a dodgy driver switch panel as passenger window and the unlock button both don’t work so sourcing one of them is the next task.

Feb 24, 2023
Swindon
My drivers door unlocks 90% of the time but double pressing the fob to unlock the other doors doesn’t work that often. I have to use the unlock button by the drivers window switches. Mostly when cold. I’m thinking cold solder joints maybe in the control module/receiver??
Anyone know where this is?

I did read about there is a control module/ccm/comfort locking thing so would also be interested to know where it is and if it is actually a thing

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
The ccm is a thing. It's a little black box under the dash (drivers side iirc). Probably best to change the door lock module first though. Do the locks all work on the key itself ?

Feb 24, 2023
Swindon
The ccm is a thing. It's a little black box under the dash (drivers side iirc). Probably best to change the door lock module first though. Do the locks all work on the key itself ?

Right ok good to know thanks.

So the drivers and boot lock/unlock fine every time. Front passenger works occasionally but has this issue where can’t be opened from outside sometimes only the inside. And then the rears are currently now both always unlocked and not locking so have tied both the doors together from the inside till I get the parts

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Nice choice mate.
I bought my 2nd LCR back in September after selling my 04 back in 07 when daughter was born. Not many about but managed to bag a 1 previous owner with 70k on the clock. Driver lock is knackered on mine, just bought a new one from Nitro Ltd for 60squid, fitment next week

Feb 24, 2023
Swindon
Bet you wished you never sold the first one! I have only had the car 2/3 weeks now but it has been great fun even with the odd problems but then that is part of the car.

I’ve got a question, to get the car somewhat safer till I get the doors fixed am I correct in saying that if I was to remove the little tab that sits in the slot on the external door handle that would then stop the doors being opened no matter what from the outside but still work from the inside? Means I can leave replacing the mechanisms till summer when it will be a bit more enjoyable haha

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.