• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

JoshRedCupra

Active Member
May 11, 2015
394
2
Essex
Hi All,

Tonight I'm driving from London to Leeds (not that far I know :p) BUT I want to see if I can get my max MPG. Firstly how do I reset my average MPG dial thing? And also does anyone know the optimum speed for fuel efficiency? I'm in no major rush to get there but would obviously like to get there this year :lol:
 
constant cruise at 70 without breaking you will get high fortys, motorway miles i get around 49mpg sometimes 53 mpg in a 1.4 FR.
 
I'm only talking about experience from old and new VWs, 2011 S4 and late 2009 Ibiza S/C, but try holding in the "bottom" button while you are in memory 2 for short term, or memory 1 for long term details. Or, once you are in memory 2, if the car has not been driven for 2 hours, all values get reset. I hoe that you are not trying to fool yourself by getting the engine nice and hot and on a quiet stretch of motorway before, resetting everything - ? Personally, I tend to leave the MPG displayed - short term memory always and only change to the long term memory while refuelling so that I have a record of MPG just in case anything other than road conditions and ambient temperature changes.
 
At 70 mph you should get 50mpg, at least I do that in my 1.4 16v
 
At 70 mph you should get 50mpg, at least I do that in my 1.4 16v

Trouble is that the 1.4 16V engine is an old simple roughly 2000 year design and it spits out the wrong pollutants, the 1.4 TSI is a Euro6 compliant engine and it spits out different sorts of pollutants and is more advanced, so that means that it will probably use more fuel - that is progress! (I'm being a bit cynical though)
 
My 1.4 tsi act gets high 40's driving normally on country roads. I would do about 65 and set cruise. As for resting the average mpg go to it on your display and then press the button underneath the rh stalk until it says a little 2 then hold the button in to reset it. If you do it on number 1 it resets everything. Or if you have the little garmin unit on the vehicle info screen is a trip mpg I think

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 
Ah didn't notice you had the cupra, probably shoulda read your name lol.
That's pretty impressive for a hot hatch. Was that driving miss daisy?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk