Lookers - Stockport

simon_fr150

Looks like i am not the first person to find the extremely poor service at this dealers!! Thought i would share my tail of woe.

Car went in for first and 10k service at the start of the month, was the first time it had been to the dealer since i bought it from new and there were a few other bits i wanted looking at.

Things started pretty badly when the bloke that was coming to collect the car rang me. Except he only mentioned it was lookers in stockport in the message, no name, contact phone number, or anything useful. Rang the dealer back and after bouncing round 4 extensions finally talked to someone who knew something about it.

Bloke arrives and i mention a couple of problems i had already mentioned when booking the car in. Seems to take the points on board and off he goes.

Get a call at about 3pm telling me the car is finished and ready for collection... which is odd because they are bringing it back to me. Ring them back and pay over the phone, bloke tells me the invoice will be posted out to me. I ask about the other things i asked to be looked at and he isn't sure but notes some parts need ordering and they will call me when the parts are in for fitting.

About 2 weeks later i have heard nothing and there is no sign of the invoice or anything when i get a courtesy call asking if i was happy with the service. Explained i wasn't particularly because i was still waiting for a call back about the parts and that i was disappointed that i had received no information about the other items i had asked to be looked at. Girl on the phone apologises and after keeping me on hold for about 5 mins tells me someone will call back with some information.

2 days later i decide to call back. Finally get through to someone who explains that for some reason the parts hadn't been ordered and agrees to send out a copy invoice. Says they will call when the parts arrive to arrange fitting. I don't hold my breath!!.

Which brings us to today. I get a call at last (about a week since the parts were ordered) to say the parts have arrived and i should call to arrange fitting. Call them back and because i ask for them to collect and return they can't fit me in until 6th June. No problem, except for this... and this for me is what really takes the biscuit... the nice woman on the phone asks me to call the parts department on 31st May to ensure the parts are in stock still, as the ones they have in stock "automatically put themselves back on the delivery truck" if they aren't used within 14 days...

Now is it me... or does this take customer service... screw it up.. and throw it out the window!?!?!? :censored:

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
simon_fr150 said:
as the ones they have in stock "automatically put themselves back on the delivery truck" if they aren't used within 14 days...

QUOTE]

unused parts can be returned if they meet certain criteria. Dealers dont like ordering in parts for customers who then don't turn up to collect them or have them fitted. So the girl was trying to say "get your car booked in or we will send the parts back" just not in a very diplomatic way

simon_fr150

I'd have no problem with that if i hadn't just booked my car in!! I could understand if I just ignored the call that they would send the parts back.. but it seemed a little odd to ask me to check the parts were still in stock after the car was already booked in.

Anyways.. i spoke to the parts department today... girl there explained she checks the inventory against the service schedule, and only sends back the parts for cars that haven't booked in... which sounds sensible to me... asked her to explain this to the bookings people as they don't seem to know that.

So i guess the saga continues...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members