Looking at a used Ibiza

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Hello :)

I'm busy looking around for a new set of wheels, not looking to spend an absolute fortune but came across this:

Anyone have any thoughts on these cars, what they like? Might go view it this weekend.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Looks nice but a bit expensive.
I bought mine a few weeks ago for the same price - 69 plate FR Sport with 11k which has a lot more features than the FR - leather/alcantara interior, 18" alloys, digital dash, climate, folding mirrors, etc

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Looks nice but a bit expensive.
I bought mine a few weeks ago for the same price - 69 plate FR Sport with 11k which has a lot more features than the FR - leather/alcantara interior, 18" alloys, digital dash, climate, folding mirrors, etc
Haha, small world! SAFFA?

Where did you get yours from boet?

lordedmundo

Feb 23, 2021
I think that price is ok for a car with only 2000 miles on the clock. I'm paying a touch under £5K more for a new FR Sport, with additional spec Robby mentions plus Beats Audio, spare wheel, rear parking sensors and DSG (which probably account for about £2.5K of that additional spend). Only other differences for 2021 are electric windows in the rear and the updated infotainment system.

• Wow
Reactions: Sly870

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
SAFFA ?

boet ?

@robby71; this confused me too. Curiosity got the better of me so I Googled it.
SAFFA; a South African.
Boet; informal South African term for a close male friend.

When I’m logged on to the forum, the SA national flag is currently shown under your forum name in your signature, (even though your location is shown as Yorkshire UK), which probably explains @Sly870 ‘s earlier post.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
@robby71; this confused me too. Curiosity got the better of me so I Googled it.
SAFFA; a South African.
Boet; informal South African term for a close male friend.

When I’m logged on to the forum, the SA national flag is currently shown under your forum name in your signature, (even though your location is shown as Yorkshire UK), which probably explains @Sly870 ‘s earlier post.

Ah now i see - I'm in West Yorkshire, UK but use Trustzone to hide my internet IP as i download films :whistle: via a torrent site which is banned in the UK - hiding my IP i can choose to be in any country in the world ;)

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
Hello :)

I'm busy looking around for a new set of wheels, not looking to spend an absolute fortune but came across this:

Anyone have any thoughts on these cars, what they like? Might go view it this weekend.

i wouldn't bother with an FR

If you can stretch your budget this one I would purchase. Looks like MY21 as upgraded infotainment

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
I think that price is ok for a car with only 2000 miles on the clock. I'm paying a touch under £5K more for a new FR Sport, with additional spec Robby mentions plus Beats Audio, spare wheel, rear parking sensors and DSG (which probably account for about £2.5K of that additional spend). Only other differences for 2021 are electric windows in the rear and the updated infotainment system.

Out of interest how much?

I was going to order FR sport dsg with Beats, pan roof and rear parking sensors at £18695. But got put off with 3 month wait

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I was offered a brand new pre reg (0 miles) FR Sport in white with Pan roof for £14995 from the local dealer.
He offered £1k less for my p/x which is why i didn't go for it as it then worked out £2k more than i paid for the car i bought but if i didn't have a p/x then that was a great price.
Lots of dealers will pre reg new cars as sales will be down again this year so bargains will be out there - just got to play dealers against each other.

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
I was offered a brand new pre reg (0 miles) FR Sport in white with Pan roof for £14995 from the local dealer.
He offered £1k less for my p/x which is why i didn't go for it as it then worked out £2k more than i paid for the car i bought but if i didn't have a p/x then that was a great price.
Lots of dealers will pre reg new cars as sales will be down again this year so bargains will be out there - just got to play dealers against each other.

picked up our Ibiza DSG FR Sport for £16k, pre reg a week old with 5 miles on it. thought was a good price. £15k one you was offered was it a DSG?

lordedmundo

Feb 23, 2021
Out of interest how much?

I was going to order FR sport dsg with Beats, pan roof and rear parking sensors at £18695. But got put off with 3 month wait
It was £18470 via Car Wow from the SEAT store Lakeside. I noticed their latest offer is even cheaper at £18275! I was also informed about the 3 month wait when I ordered (scheduled to be ready for pick up end of April).

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
It was £18470 via Car Wow from the SEAT store Lakeside. I noticed their latest offer is even cheaper at £18275! I was also informed about the 3 month wait when I ordered (scheduled to be ready for pick up end of April).

this was my cheapest cash offer with options from carwow. then spoke to a dealer in westfield white city west london and was offered same spec £18695

£18470 dsg with all options and cash price?

20210321_223556.jpg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
this was my cheapest cash offer with options from carwow. then spoke to a dealer in westfield white city west london and was offered same spec £18695

£18470 dsg with all options and cash price?
If there are offers or incentives to be had by taking Seat’s PCP Finance, that’s usually a better option than a straight cash deal, even if you don’t need the finance.

If you take the PCP finance, you can exercise your right to withdraw from the finance agreement within the 14 day cooling off period, pay off the finance and you get to keep the incentives. I did this with my VW, as VW were offering a £1,250 finance deposit contribution and the first two services for £199 at the time I bought my current car. I took the finance to take advantage of these offers, but gave VWFS notice of withdrawal from the finance contract three days after taking delivery of my car - they gave me a finance settlement figure, including the interest due on the amount borrowed. You then have 30 days after exercising your right to withdraw to pay off the amount owing.

I paid off the finance within the 30 day period and got to keep the finance deposit contribution and the cheap servicing deal. The interest I paid was £2.07 a day for the three day period from taking delivery to giving notice of withdrawal - so £6.21 total interest.

So I got £1,250 ‘free‘ money and two cheap services for a cost of £6.21 which I think was pretty good value. This was on top of the discount I negotiated with the dealer off the car’s list price 🙂.

Reactions: A.k and alpineSi

lordedmundo

Feb 23, 2021
The PCP offers are sightly lower and I should add that my quote is without the panoramic sunroof, so I think the offers you received are slightly better given you do have the sunroof included.

I considered going for PCP and taking advantage of other inclusions and financial gains as noted by SRGTD above, but ultimately I just decided to place the order, as I had spent months delaying a purchase and obsessing about getting the best deal! In fact if I wanted the best deal I should have just waited for a nearly new with the required spec to become available...

In fact, the best deals to be had on this model will probably be later in the year when the facelifted model is released, but I've already delayed getting a new car for 4 years, so it was a case of now or never for me! :D

Attachments

• carwowibiza.png
    carwowibiza.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 75

lordedmundo

Feb 23, 2021
I've just been informed that my car is built, arrived in the UK and should be ready for collection by the end of the week (5 weeks earlier than expected)!