Looking at buying 1.2 TSI SE Copa Ecomotive

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
Hey elnigel how's the car going? I'm currently in 24k miles and to date I have had timing chain kit, turbo, now in for a sump gasket which miraculously appeared after the chain and turbo issue and now I need a new climate control unit.
Hope you're having better luck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elnigel

Nov 25, 2002
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Visit site
Hi Rob. Feel a bit bad saying this but both my tsi's are running OK. Not surprised the sump gasket has leaked. You have to loosen the sump to change the chain so they will have failed to ensure it sealed properly when putting it back together.

What was up with the turbo. Was it going into limp mode? It's usually the electronic waste gate that go on these. But you have to have a new turbo as its an integral part.

Hope you have better luck now and that you got it fixed under warranty.

If its any concelation, I spent last Saturday fitting a new turbo with my mate on his 2.0 TDI Passat. It had decided to smash itself to pieces and we had to wash out the intercooler to get all the bits out before putting it back together. It was a right job!

Cheers,

Nigel.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
To be honest I have no idea what was wrong with the turbo. I just mentioned waste gate rattle when the revs dropped off around 2.5k revs. So it had a new turbo on top of the chain.

Here's the warranties latest bill for the air conditioning control unit, which I must admit is a bit eye watering!
be1abc885efc9146341913936e6ff4c0.jpg

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
For a set of buttons and dials with a small brain attached it's extortionate! Hopefully won't keep restarting the climate control by itself anymore now!

Thanks Nigel! Their are some 1.2 tsi's over 100k miles out there now so I'm hoping I can click them up with not much drama.

Happy motoring till the next time

Rob

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
Nearly 27k miles and is due a service soon. Touch wood it's been running smooth and no more problems. The media centre shut itself off and rebooted once for no reason but been ok since! Really pleased that I am getting 450 miles to a tank this time round too! Super unleaded of esso maybe? Hope all is well with other 1.2 tsi's!

Joe Thomas

Welsh Jesus and Leon Lamb
Jun 14, 2016
South Wales
Hia mate, I've had one for a year. Had it on 21k, done 35k in it. Spark plugs went but thats probably because i ran out of petrol lol. No issues, average 35mpg. Absolutely silent :)

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
So you're on 56k now joe? I'm guessing the 35 average means you're driving a bit keenly lol lowest I had out a full tank is 37mpg roughly 380/400 miles. I get 450 If I watch my driving and tame it down.

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
Nice Nigel what mileage you on now? I'm somewhere in 28k region with a service now message banging on at me.
I'm in Spain at the moment and the place has seats everywhere. I know it's the home country of seat but I seen so many it's like other brands don't exist lol
I plan to drive to Spain in the Leon in a few months, should be interesting, would take the Mrs a1 diesel but the Leon is way more comfortable over 20 hours driving

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
Everyone still using the start stop by the way? I started turning mine off in the hope my chain, battery and starter will last longer.

elnigel

Nov 25, 2002
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Visit site
Mines in the 70k s now. No issues. I never use stop start. Your trip to Spain reminds me of when I changed the clutch in my old Toledo 150tdi and then drove straight to Barcelona to pick my wife up as the dust cloud grounded all flights and she had to get to work asap. People in Barcelona thought it was a taxi with the steering wheel on the wrong side! I did 3k in 72hrs!

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
Wow Nigel you're really clocking up the miles on that little engine! I have only ever seen 140,000 miles once on this engine and that was a Octavia on autotrader.
3k wow holy sh|t balls!! I'm probably looking at just over that in a week on a trip to Malaga, bit of sitting about and home again.
Be good to hear your story with it as you clock up. Very limited feedback from people on these engines

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise