Looking for multimedia replacement

Jul 12, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I have the most basic unit and looking for an upgrade.. i have read all the previous threads however MIB2 upgrade is a bit too costly and also i cannot find any MIB2 locally.. so i'm looking for alternatives. The only requirements are: android auto and being able to control everything (e.g. climate control, modes) in the same manner as with the default basic unit.

Tay-FR

Sep 17, 2015
Rugby
Hi Darkfirebg,

I must admit I haven't looked recently but the only 3rd Party unit I have seen is an Alpine unit that was over £1000 (I think it was about £1200 but that was some time ago)

I think the problem is that the multimedia unit controls pretty much everything in the car.

If anyone does know of an alternative I'd be interested in finding out about it too!!

Cheers

Ian

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
I'm sure I read on here about some other (unknown?) brands, which were cheaper - but had mixed reviews.
I know the Alpine unit gets good reviews - but it is expensive.

Jul 12, 2023
I've found an alpine model ILX-705D which could do the work. It costs around 700 EUR for the unit with another 250EUR for the Leon specific connector which is currently still unavailable in my country..

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
@darkfirebg
Not sure about the pricing in Bulgaria but in the UK you can get the 8" MIB fitted and coded to the car for around £750
This would include the later USB ports and the unit having full link ( android auto/apple carplay ) activated.

bahyr

Jun 26, 2019
Did you reed my topic hire:
My opinion is that the only better option for you than MIB2 is MIB2,5 :whistle:
For MIB2 you can talk with "xtony" from forum.vwclub.bg, may be he have some ready units.
For good Android units you can talk with "JORDITO" from skoda-bg.com/forum/
It happen from time to time P&P MIB2 sets to pop up in ebay.co.uk but you have to be patient.
It is pointless to install some cheap sh...ty Android units.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.