Looking into buying a leon cupra

Mint

Apr 9, 2010
Midlands
Hi, I am new to this forum and have joined today with the intension of meeting some new people and seeking some advice as i am looking into buying a leon cupra.
The one thing i have noticed is that the prices vary alot but im looking at spending around the 4k mark. I veiwed an 04 plate with 80k on the clock yesterday to get an idea of what i am looking at and i was quite supprised how quiet the 20v engine was.
The garage wanted £4695 which i thought was over priced.
Could i have some info on what to look and listen for when buying a leon cupra and what sort of milage is ok for the 1.8 20v engine before any problems start.

Thanks in advance.:)

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Hi, I am new to this forum and have joined today with the intension of meeting some new people and seeking some advice as i am looking into buying a leon cupra.
The one thing i have noticed is that the prices vary alot but im looking at spending around the 4k mark. I veiwed an 04 plate with 80k on the clock yesterday to get an idea of what i am looking at and i was quite supprised how quiet the 20v engine was.
The garage wanted £4695 which i thought was over priced.
Could i have some info on what to look and listen for when buying a leon cupra and what sort of milage is ok for the 1.8 20v engine before any problems start.

Thanks in advance.:)

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=241298&highlight=buying+cupra
;)

Mint

Apr 9, 2010
Midlands
Thanks for the pointer fellas, I think my only concern would be the water leaks in the footwells. Is this an easy job as described or is it awkward and should i have any concerns with an engine that has done 80k plus? I have seen loads with high milage and have always been put off by high milers.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
80k is fine bud, my 01 is on around 106k and still pulls like a train. Just check its service history, and you should be fine