Loose polystyrene block inside door!

Apr 24, 2020
I have removed the speakers to replace them and adding sound deadening. I have noticed the is a block of polystyrene inside the door which is loose and rattling around but not free to just pull out.
Question is can I loosen and move the metal inner panel without disturbing/removing the window reg and glass?
If not can I release the polystyrene from the clips through the speaker hole enough to be able to break it and remove it through the hole?

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
You can remove the door card and metal casing by removing the outer door handle and lock, lowering the door window until the bolts holding the glass in the bottom channel are visible through the holes in the door case, LOOSENING(not removing) the two bolts, raising the window up and taping the glass in place and then lowering the mechanism down again while the glass remains up. Once you have removed the bolts holding the metal casing in place it should then be able to remove it.
Personally, if you can get a hand in through a hole in the casing i'd do that and slap some glue onto the block and stick it back in position. It would be a lot less faff!
Or, wedge it so it can't move with a piece of closed foam or something. When I say 'closed' I mean not the sort that VAG use to wedge between the front wing an inner arch...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.