Losing power to steering column controls

rourkek4

Hi,
Looking for some advice before i start pulling things apart, i have a 2006 1.9 tdi leon with which i am intermittently losing power to the steering column controls on (indicators, wipers and horn) is there a known issue with a block connector running to the steering column? I cant seem to see any such problem on any other post.
The power loss does not appear to be vibration or heat induced as it can come and go while on very smooth surface and at different stages of a journey (startup and when everything is warm)
Because it seems like such a delicate connection failure im anticipating it being difficult to find. just looking for any advice before i start tearing stuff out, it would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you for your time
Kevin

rourkek4

Hi,
Looking for some advice before i start pulling things apart, i have a 2006 1.9 tdi leon with which i am intermittently losing power to the steering column controls on (indicators, wipers and horn) is there a known issue with a block connector running to the steering column? I cant seem to see any such problem on any other post.
The power loss does not appear to be vibration or heat induced as it can come and go while on very smooth surface and at different stages of a journey (startup and when everything is warm)
Because it seems like such a delicate connection failure im anticipating it being difficult to find. just looking for any advice before i start tearing stuff out, it would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you for your time
Kevin

If anybody had access to the wiring diagram for power to these controls i would also appreciate that very much
Cheers,
Kevin

rourkek4

Power is completly lost now so i have no indicators, wipers or window washers, no fuses gone and i cant find a lose connection or bad earth. Any thoughts? Im desperate at this stage and cant get to a garage till monday or tuesday because of work hours :(

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
I dont know if seat are similar to other manufacturers but some have a input module (on Vauxhall they call it a CIM) that gives the problems you are having.

Dangerous Dave

Dec 11, 2006
There is a steering wheel control module under the steering column that controls everything you are having problems with my guess this is either came slighly lose as it clips in and is then held in place with one screw or it is faulty.

You need to remove the steering wheel and then pull apart the plasic around the steering column to gain access to it. It you go to vwvortex and look at the MK5 Golf sticky for retro fitting a MFSW it will give you a guide on how to remove it.

rourkek4

No Joy with any loose connections in there going to order out a replacement unit and see if that does it, thanks for the pointer on that link BTW, a great help!

rourkek4

Think im admitting defeat on this one, gonna head to a dealer tomorrow, could really do without that bill :(

rourkek4

Never gave feedback on this. so it was a problem with the control card, After 2 different Dealers, Seat replaced in free of charge and said they hadnt see it go before

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.