losing power!

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
This one reads VAG specific as well as generic OBD codes. Generic readers won't read the manufacturer's specific codes though. I got one to read my airbag fault, found a few codes that my obd reader didn't. For 30 quid it's a bargain.

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
so you'd just go with a universal then lol. decisions decisions ha. i'm in birmingham mate.

It's upto you mate to be honest either the one I've linked or the one Mike has will do the trick. But if your planning on changing manufacturer the uni will do the trick.

One code it picked up on my 170 was the throttle actuator control module for example.

Also if you get the VAG specific and change many you could always sell it on ;)

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
i suppose it's cheap enough to warrant a VAG specific one. thanks for all the help guys, lets just hope it points me in the direction of the lost horses.

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
For sure mate would cost more than £30 to have her plugged in at most garages so a good purchase.

Plus it's good to have so you can help others in need of a reader ;)

definately. i didn't know it cost that much to get it plugged in at a garage. my local performance place did it for free the other week and wiped the management light. might pop down tomorrow and see what he can find. as mine won't arrive until thurs i think. went for the maxiscan VAG one in the end.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Yeah there are very few places that will do it FOC these days. Know they have to pay for the equipment but some of the prices people get charged are a rip off.

Keep us up to date on how this goes for you fella

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
Well I got the code, it's p0441 evaporation emission control. Sys incorrect flow, lower limit reached, intermittent. Anyone have any ideas? Going to call awesome now for some advice too

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
Had this on my cupra,change the charcoal canister and the n80 valve to cure the problem, but I never lost any power cause of this though

thanks, those are the two things that keep popping up. shame it doesn't relate to my power loss though. i've seen an n75 valve mentioned a few times, i may change this too just incase. thanks

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
does anyone know the part numbers for the charcoal cannister,N80 and N75 valves? or if they are known by other names, as i'm having trouble finding them fro the usual car parts suppliers.

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
If there's anything going to cause power loss it will be the N75, it happens on the Audi S2. When they start playing up they reduce the amount of boost and also the power so before you buy a charcoal canister or N80 get a N75. Another name for it is a waste gate frequency valve.

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
thanks guys. but the charcoal cannister and n80 are for the fault code showing and the n75 is for the ongoing problem i've had since getting the car regarding power loss. it's funny i went for the pcv valve the other day and they ended up giving me an n75 i think, had a feeling i'd need that one too but swapped it lol.

was also hoping to go and get the tommorow, i don't really want to wait for deliveries and such

Last edited:

m3eater

Aug 14, 2014
so i had the n75 valve changed today. wow, the car is so different now. it almost feels too fast lol now i've felt how it should sound and respond i'm even more surprised that the garages that first had the car never noticed it. when i put my foot down before you could hear a stop start sound coming from possibly the filter or something like a tsh tsh tsh lol. but now the delivery is smooth and constant without that start stop sound which must have neen the n75 opening and closing. thanks all to the folk that helped and to NVmotorsport who got the job sored for me. roll on summer!