loss of boost

RabReith89

Jul 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Started last week when i was driving home from work, my car boosts at 21psi but now and then it will just boost to 15psi and it will feel a bit sluggish, seems to happen when the car has really warmed up?? The dv sounds louder as well as the spool up noise??

Did a boost leak test on the intercooler system, give the dv hoses a look over. only thing i can think ov is the n75 valve is on its way out... only 4month old??

Vag com test only brings up 1288??

Any ideas guys??

Thanks Rab

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
If you can hear the turbo spool louder than normal then I'd suspect a leak somewhere that perhaps only happens when something expands as it heats up. Pain in the ass but I'd be checking all boost and vac lines with a fine tooth combe

RabReith89

Jul 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
If you can hear the turbo spool louder than normal then I'd suspect a leak somewhere that perhaps only happens when something expands as it heats up. Pain in the ass but I'd be checking all boost and vac lines with a fine tooth combe

If the tip had a split would that cause a big boost leak?? Will have to give all the vac hoses a really good check over :doh:

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Yeah this would also be something to check. I know someone even had an issue with a split Forge TIP once along one of the seams of an outlet

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members