Loud Clicking Noise?

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Hi, Am gettin this noise when a was wheel spining in the snow and it seems to come from drivers side wheels or somewhere near also my TCS light is constant on, my mate said it sounds like a relay.
any1 got any clues? cheers,

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
mine does this when you spin the front wheel....

not clicking, well it is, but a rattling sound....nowt on vag./com at all...

be appeciated to hear what you find it is...bugging me..

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
when i was out in the snow a few weeks back i got my car stuck on a ramp and one wheel was spinning while the other wasnt moving. and i could hear a loud clicking noise.

but as soon as i go the car moving with both wheels turning it was fine

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
It's the EDL system (Electronic Differential Lock). Works up to about 25mph and if one wheel is turning at 100rpm+ more than the other side, it kicks in and does make a clicking sound which is very audible. When TCS cuts in the only sound I get is my exhaust popping.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
is it perfectly healthy then? i had a feeling that what it was in my case

surely most standard diffs do this anyway? (allow for wheels to spin independently?)

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
lol, I couldn't even begin to word how it actually sounds.

How about.............

kkkkrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkk.

LOL.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Yeah but the original post is on constantly not clicking now and again, its ABS sensor i reckon, still needs to get it vag com'd.

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Cheers for the comments-thats the sound i would relate it 2 'marbles in a plastic container' lol.

The noise is'nt constant-just when wheel spining (in snow any way) its just the TCS light on my dash is constantly on-cannot switch on/off,

Cheers.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.