Louder Exhausts?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Right, 90% sure i'm going to get the usual 'badboy flaming' but..............

Will be looking to upgrade my exhaust system pretty soon, was think about the usual Militek DP, CAT and 2.5" CAT back system, but to be honest i want something a little louder. :redface:

I've had my fair share of noisey cars and since having the Cupra i'm missing the poppy bangy rough motorsport sound.

Any recomendations?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Get a DP, having batted Martyn's about yesterday that pops nicely with a turbo back milteck

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Well i've spent a fair amount of time in/around 'Olly20vt's Cupra and TBh i want something louder. Ollys has a 3" DP and 2.5" Militek turbo back (correct me if i'm wrong Olly).

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
trouble is - the turbo is a big silencer, so short of running a system without baffles, or a stupid sized bore - you're kinda stuck with the noise it makes

Bonzy1800

Back in a SEAT
Sep 16, 2005
jersey
if you want something loud get a decent down pipe scorpion back box and remove the center silencer Warning tho this will be loud especially when on boost

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
m0rk said:
trouble is - the turbo is a big silencer, so short of running a system without baffles, or a stupid sized bore - you're kinda stuck with the noise it makes

Mmm, thats something i did't think of. What if i got Longlife to knock me up a CAT back system? I've heard bad things about them but also had 2 mates get systems from them who have been very happy?

Beaker™

Nov 21, 2005
Bonzy1800 said:
if you want something loud get a decent down pipe scorpion back box and remove the center silencer Warning tho this will be loud especially when on boost

I don't really want to run without centre box, because as you say that will be loud...... to loud :) But i did have a full Scorpion system on my Astra GSI and was quite happy with that........

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You're kinda screwed then.

You 'need' a silencer, or the car will be undriveable for long periods of time. If you goto the likes of powerf**w or l*ngl*ife then you will just get a 2nd rate system made up of bent bits of pipe.

Deleted member 9043

on my cupra i have miltek dp only cilencer in here is the cat

supersprint mid pipe no silencer

and a home made stainles steel pipe with a freeflow mufler..

i can tel you this is verry loud,and nice "turbo" growl

sebring and a couple other brands make decent freeflow cilencers without having that rocket/japanese look

try search on internet for sebring unex cilencer for example

soon i make a step to the supersprint back box becouse somethimes the sound makes me crazy;)

grtz

RobertW

Nov 14, 2005
Scotland
mines had a DP motorsport back box on when i got it.miltek down pipe and sports cat.was really really loud.

got a custom twin exit made up its quiet and im happy :D

rabs_167.jpg

thats the exhaust 4" or 5" not sure

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Shifty-Shifty said:
Mmm, thats something i did't think of. What if i got Longlife to knock me up a CAT back system? I've heard bad things about them but also had 2 mates get systems from them who have been very happy?

DONT waste your time or money with Longlife.... been there... NEVER go back.

shite quality.

Want more noise... convert yours to single box.
whats on at the moment?

My old 2.5" Jetex was converted to single box... purposefull... burble to it..
3" is something else now mind you.... but nasty on the road... BOOOOOOOOM just does my head in.

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
yes shifty that is my setup, i think for you the best thing would be to get an modded DP 100cell sports cat and then see is scorpion can do the same set up as your astra for your ibiza, then if you ever do get a bigger turbo it will only inhance it all.
As bill said i am not happy with longlife and i will never be going back there again IMO
OR take of your turbo to IC pipe that makes it raw and bumbl and pop LOL (shifty and bill will understand)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise