lowered!

P7CKT

hi all, just lowered my Leon Cupra Mk1 with adjustable Jamex coilovers, its 40mm at back, and 40mm front. got adjustable drop links fitted too. ive noticed a problem tho, when i go over a slight hump on the road, its as if somethings grinding at the front, is the anti roll bar hitting against something? i havent a clue what it is, any help would be useful!

obviously i need to rasie it up 6-7mm, but just wondering what it is thats up, and if theres anything i can do without raising it up. thanks

P7CKT

im not too sure mate, i never fitted them?

it sounds like somethings hitting of another thing when i go over a hump, and becomes more consistent when someone is in the passanger seat

the guy that done it said that the anti roll bar was a couple of mm above the bush? if that makes any sense?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
If you are only 40mm and have the adjustable droplinks that are longer than standard put the old droplinks back in.

Failing that you could do what I did and lob about 1.5" off the adjustable ones.

Or you could do it properly and but a uprated ARB with bigger hoops to clear the DS

Very common problem this.

P7CKT

hmmmmm ok, what if i rasied it 10mm, would that solve the problem?

where can i buy a decetn anti roll bar, not wanting some cheap tat:)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
The whiteline one from DPM is good as it goes under instead of over.

I would have thought raising 10mm would be ok........its far easier to put the old droplinks back on tho, you dont even have to take the wheel off.

P7CKT

hmmm, the reason for raising it up, would be that ive got the standard 17" cupra alloys on it, my mate lowered it, and he said 40mm was the limit as it wus scrubbing the arches, and im in the middle of buying some 18" alloys, so raising it 10mm would eliminate the problem at the front, and help with no scrubbing when 18's go on, if that makes sense?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
This may sound stupid but a 225/40/18 is prob smaller than a 205/45/17

My 18's were smaller overall diameter than the 16's they replaced.

Either way I'd say its lower than 40mm if its rubbing the arch and the ARB is touching the DS.

P7CKT

yea thats what i thought about the 18's as well mate

thanks for your help btw, appreciate it :)

i'll let you kno how i get on

thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.