Lowering and spacing advice please

tuffers99

Hi all,

I have owned my MK3 Ibiza Cupra for 12 months now. The car is completly standard and am have a good 12 months motoring.

However I now want to start changing a few bits and bobs on it now.

Please can I have some advice on lowering and wheel spaceing. For the moment I just want a quick an cheap fix and am planning on keeping the original shocks and just get some lowering springs.

I was thinking a 40mm drop and spaceing the rear wheels out say 15mm. Can anyone recommend a good set of springs and advise if you feel that this would be a bad move as I do not want to ruin the ride. Also as I wanna fit 15mm spacers on the rear I do not want it to rub.

I plan on keeping the original wheels and have them refurbished and sprayed a gloss black as the car is metalic grey.

Coilovers will come later!!

Thanks for the forthcoming advice.

:rolleyes:

Jan 31, 2008
mate i have mine lowered 40mm on koni springs with 20mm spacers on the rear wheels and its spot on with no rubbing and handles miles better.

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
mines lowered 40mm on springs too, and i agree it makes the handling a bit better. alot of people will not recommend springs as they do eventually kill your shocks, but you've stated they are only a quick fix and your gettin coilovers in the near uture, so they should be okay :)

plenty of people have 20mm spacers and their cars are sat on the floor with no problems with rubbing, so you should be good on that front too :)

hope this helps :)

tuffers99

Thanks

Thanks for the advice chaps will post some pics up before and after.:D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members