Lowering Height

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
She looks sweet mate!id drop the back a bit more!hows she handle now u got the camber and traking done

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Cheers mate. I get a slight rubbing on the left passenger side now and then i think it's to do with the big plastic bulge in the arch, apart from that no rubbing not even on full lock now the camber is sorted. I'm running 195 45 R16 mate.

I only get rubbing on the front passenger side aswell. It must be something to do with the shape of the arch liner. Yours is roughly at the same height as mine. Yours is alittle lower at the back than mine though.

Mckellar

if you look under the arch liners/splash guards you will see a very square 3D bit sticking out behind the spring.
Thats possibly what it will be hitting off of.

On my 1.4 it rubbed off that, and i traced it to that box, filed it down so it missed the wheel catchment, never did it again.

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
Thats what i have a feeling it is Mckellar i was actually gonna post today and ask about it. Do you know what it is for? Looks like i will be getting the file out at the weekend then cheers Mckellar.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Try finding a big car park and driveing in a circal to make a good mark wer its rubbing!then you no were it is!make sure u paint any bear metal with etch primer or something!

BEARDY

Mk3 Cupra R Suspension On A Mk2 Cupra??????????

Hi GUYS,
SORRY TO CHANGE THE CONVERSATiON BUT.....
ANYBODY KNOW iF CUPRA R MK3 SUSPENSION WiLL FiT A MK2 CUPRA S???????
HAVE LOOKED AT OTHER THREADS BUT KNOW ONES REALLY ANSWERED THE QUESTiON, ALL i WANNA DO iS PUT MY CAR BACK TO STANDARD HEiGHT. ANY ONE GOT ANY STANDARD STUFF FOR A 16v 20L 1999 CUPRA S????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
why not buy a set of coilovers? The price of the jackson kits arent much more (if any) than a set of standard shocks and u can adjust them to exactly what u want

Ollie

BEARDY

why not buy a set of coilovers? The price of the jackson kits arent much more (if any) than a set of standard shocks and u can adjust them to exactly what u want

Ollie

CALL ME THiCK BUT EVERY TiME i PUT 'JACKSON TUNNiNG' iN TO GOOGLE ALL i GET iS A VW WEBSiTE????????????

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Well thats answered my question!when i put the 20vt engin in i was gona put all the runnin gear and suspention!

Mckellar

No point really, if you're going to do that you'd be aswell to just buy a cupra, put the engine and running gear in and upgrade the components needed to benefit it.

BEARDY

Have Just Been In Contact With Mork And He Says It Will Fit, Guess I'll Just Try It And Then I Can Say For Sure And Answer A Question Thats Been Posted On Here Quite A Few Times,

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
Here are some quick pics i took last night once i got the car back from the garage.

Photo-0121.jpg

Photo-0122.jpg

Photo-0123.jpg

Photo-0124.jpg

Photo-0125.jpg

Still seems to be fine going over bumps and no rubbing :clap:.

looks good mate, but this is a proper height on those same wheels, with 195/50/15s on, and no rubbing, even with a car full

02082007048.jpg

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
looks good mate, but this is a proper height on those same wheels, with 195/50/15s on, and no rubbing, even with a car full

02082007048.jpg

I'm running 195/45/16 so that must be why it's rubbing. It only rubs on that stupid platic bulge in the arch though, i filed it down a bit but it still rubs on full lock. If i just took it off would it cause serious problems with the water getting in?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.