Lowering Height

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
I karnt find my haynes or my workshop manual,i dont think theres a set turque setting,just make sure it tight

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
is anyone running a jackson tuning (philj) 60/40 lowering kit? any pics?
need to get mine on order

Mine arrived yesterday so will be fitting them at the weekend, so if you wait till then i can upload some before and after pics for you and let you know if i get any scrubbing.

I karnt find my haynes or my workshop manual,i dont think theres a set turque setting,just make sure it tight

Ok mate cheers i will just tighten as much as i can, although i think my bro has haynes autodata so that might tell me.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Ok mate,have fun.carnt wait 2c pics,i love before and after pics!dont 4get 2take sum pics in a wks time when its all seteled

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
Mine arrived yesterday so will be fitting them at the weekend, so if you wait till then i can upload some before and after pics for you and let you know if i get any scrubbing.

Ok mate cheers i will just tighten as much as i can, although i think my bro has haynes autodata so that might tell me.

yeah if you could do that,that would be good.
cheers

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London

did you get them fitted today?
got any before and after pics?

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
Had a bit of a rough weekend i have been ill since last week. I have put on the new springs and shocks and have some pics from my phone, but they aren't very good as the wheel alignment at the front has gone out. So i was gonna take it to a garage get that done before posting some pics. At the moment my left side is rubbing at the bottom and right side is rubbing at the top of the wheel on full lock but i assume this is to do with the alignment, so ill check that once it has been aligned.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Had a bit of a rough weekend i have been ill since last week. I have put on the new springs and shocks and have some pics from my phone, but they aren't very good as the wheel alignment at the front has gone out. So i was gonna take it to a garage get that done before posting some pics. At the moment my left side is rubbing at the bottom and right side is rubbing at the top of the wheel on full lock but i assume this is to do with the alignment, so ill check that once it has been aligned.

How's things with the demon bumps around our way then?? pm me some pics if you can so can see the height difference,cheers:)

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
nice one mate glad you got it done!shame about the rubbing!hope you get it sorted

Cheers mate my car is booked in tommorrow for tracking and camber alignment so should be ok after that and shouldn't get any rubs.

How's things with the demon bumps around our way then?? pm me some pics if you can so can see the height difference,cheers:)

Don't really wanna attempt the big bumps till the camber is sorted so i'll let you know tommorrow and send you some pics. Although when i pick up the gf tonight i have to go over a few so that will be a little test. Thats strange asking a man for pics so you can compare his height? ;)

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Cheers mate my car is booked in tommorrow for tracking and camber alignment so should be ok after that and shouldn't get any rubs.

Don't really wanna attempt the big bumps till the camber is sorted so i'll let you know tommorrow and send you some pics. Although when i pick up the gf tonight i have to go over a few so that will be a little test. Thats strange asking a man for pics so you can compare his height? ;)

I only ever ask em how tall they are,hehe! Seriously though does it look massively different,are you pleased or feel it could be lower???

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
I'm pleased with it so far ride feels alot better although i aint pushed it yet cause of the camber alignment is out. It's just about the right height i don't think i would personally go any lower. The rear arch sits in line with the top of the tyre and the front arch sits about a finger and a bit between it and the tyre so looks totally different to before.
Photo-0116.jpg

Thats the front
Photo-0107.jpg

Thats the rear
Photo-0110.jpg

And a front view

I took these on my phone so not best of quality will get better pics tommorrow after the camber alignment.

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
looks good
what height setting are the rears on?
what size tyres you running?

Cheers mate. The rears i left as they come which was the middle setting. Not sure on the tyre size will have to get back to you tommorrow on that one.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Whats all this about settings on the rear?mine r just the springs and had no setings on them!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members