Lowering Mk2 Leon with Xenons

FR_Flavoured

Dont see any issues at all with Lowering and fitting Xenons.
Might be worth getting the alignment of the lights done, once you get the Xenon Kit fitted.

You will find your Xenon components/ballasts mount behind the light area.
While your suspension upgrade wont interfere with this at all.

These Two Mods are at the top of my list too! :D ;) Will transform the look once both sorted.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Dont see any issues at all with Lowering and fitting Xenons.
Might be worth getting the alignment of the lights done, once you get the Xenon Kit fitted.

You will find your Xenon components/ballasts mount behind the light area.
While your suspension upgrade wont interfere with this at all.

These Two Mods are at the top of my list too! :D ;) Will transform the look once both sorted.

I think Donny's car already had Xenons as standard. DJ has Xenon's and lowered suspension and I am sure that he just lowered the car and the lights adjusted themselves.
Alex

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Yeah I have xenons as standard on mine. [B)]

I had read some posts about the xenons not self testing of being stuck very low after lowering. Wasn't sure if it was a fault with the xenons or a result of lowering.

FR_Flavoured

Great, ok so no issues there. :) Sorry for adding any confusion. :rolleyes:

KzJF

Full Member on Wednesdays
Aug 7, 2009
Assuming the lowering takes a higher toll in the front the way it is usually done, the lights might be pointing down a bit, therefore they could be limited to 3-6 feet in front of you.

I'm no expert but I've seen Xenons auto-aim [level up] so they don't bend too low after lowering. [on a BMW]
I don't know if it's a factory specification or something all of them come with, but I'd make sure to check with the seller before fitting anything. :)

Last edited:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I wasn't sure if the xenons would level up when the car was lower of whether they were set to the current height and would not go above that, thus making the range shorter.

There's a few people on here with lowered cars with xenons so maybe they'll post up how they got on??

Eddy Gein

Jan 23, 2007
When I lowerd my fr on konis and sportlines the xenons still did their tests but stayed realy low. Went to the dealer and they manually leveled them through the diagnostics port for £40. Now they are perfect and adjust themselves as normal.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
When I lowerd my fr on konis and sportlines the xenons still did their tests but stayed realy low. Went to the dealer and they manually leveled them through the diagnostics port for £40. Now they are perfect and adjust themselves as normal.

Thats great. I'll do that if I get problems.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise