Lowering Springs - Whats the best? suggestions please

rabe187

Mar 19, 2009
Saudi Arabia
www.cardomain.com
Dear Amigos, I have a Leon FR which i'm getting upgraded to Stage 1 as a result a lot of people told me i need to lower the car due to increased horsepower, what are my options? and other than lowering springs what else do i need to do to have fun safely ... much appreciated...

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
HI
Depending on how many miles you have done , it may be worth getting springs and shockers done
Anything after approx 40k miles amy be worth getting shockers with them
Eibach are cracking springs , the best for the VAG market
Koni do stunning shockers
Weitec do a decent price spring and shockers kit
The AP do cracking coilovers
Weitec also have some good prices at the moment too
There are many many to choose from , but be aware that if you have done over that mileage , may be worth going that bit more so you dont ruin the ride quality
Sarah

Aug 26, 2008
West Midlands
Weitec gets my vote, full shocks and springs gets you POW!!

My Cupra

Before Lowering:
picture.php

After:
picture.php

picture.php
[/

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Remember that the FR is already slightly lower then standard so take that into consideration when picking what kit to go for.

As above the Weitec's are a very popular choice and a very good all round kit in terms of price, quality, handling and comfort.

Damian @ DPM Performance

rabe187

Mar 19, 2009
Saudi Arabia
www.cardomain.com
HI
Depending on how many miles you have done , it may be worth getting springs and shockers done
Anything after approx 40k miles amy be worth getting shockers with them
Eibach are cracking springs , the best for the VAG market
Koni do stunning shockers
Weitec do a decent price spring and shockers kit
The AP do cracking coilovers
Weitec also have some good prices at the moment too
There are many many to choose from , but be aware that if you have done over that mileage , may be worth going that bit more so you dont ruin the ride quality
Sarah

Sounds Good Sarah ... would you happen to know how much Eibach and Weitec Springs and shockers would retail for, i would really appreciate it

rabe187

Mar 19, 2009
Saudi Arabia
www.cardomain.com
Remember that the FR is already slightly lower then standard so take that into consideration when picking what kit to go for.

As above the Weitec's are a very popular choice and a very good all round kit in terms of price, quality, handling and comfort.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Hi Damian ... good stuff, it seems Weitec seem to be the popular choice on many levels, could you msg me a quote on the springs and the shockers?

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Hi
There you go , some Weitec prices , Damian beat me to it
AP`s are good choice too

Eibach lowering springs is £125.22 + VAT
£320.09 + VAT for the Eibach shockers too
Sarah

rabe187

Mar 19, 2009
Saudi Arabia
www.cardomain.com

Great Damian ... are those prices inclusive of the Shocks or are those the springs alone?

Cheers..