Lowering springs!

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
I am looking to lower my altea 30mm!It is an 05 2.0tdi sport! I have had a look at lowering springs on the net and they range from £60 - £250,but some of the "cheepies" are a known brand!
The 2 sets i am looking at are the Apex ones or P.i ones around the £100 mark!
I also won't bother if it makes the ride much harder than it is now! So has anyone fitted any,and is it a worthwhile modification,or a waste of time and money?
Thanks for any advice.Paul :rocker: :)

I have heard good things about Eibach springs. afaik they are 30mm all round as well. give David(seremotors) a shout in the dealer forums. he maybe able to get a set at discount for you.

I'm hoping to get mine lowered this summer.

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
I have heard good things about Eibach springs. afaik they are 30mm all round as well. give David(seremotors) a shout in the dealer forums. he maybe able to get a set at discount for you.

I'm hoping to get mine lowered this summer.

Thanks Toxic! thats great,looked at the Eibachs,around £150 i think!
Cheers.Paul :)

FR Tim

I would also like to know your best price :D Does anyone know if this makes the ride harder at all. I have had Eibachs on my Celica T Sport and on My Supra and they were bloody marvellous, the ride was much better than stock but the Altea FR is quite harsh as it is.

Must be because they are progressively wound, worth paying the extra for Eibachs ;)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
David @ seremotors (dealer forums) has a Leon MkII FR. he put a post on it here:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189189

he was pleased with the springs.

he has however stated that he did not have many orders and thus ditched it. however I guess if there was enough demand he might get some for us.

as to a group buy you really have to pass that through to the admins before discussing it.

Thanks for the link! that Leon looks awesome :)
Yep,i know a trader would need permission,just putting the suggestion out there! :coolthumb

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
We don't offer any extra discount on Eibach as they're already highly discounted to try to ensure we're the cheapest UK Eibach supplier.

Thanks,

Damian @ DPM

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
We don't offer any extra discount on Eibach as they're already highly discounted to try to ensure we're the cheapest UK Eibach supplier.

Thanks,

Damian @ DPM

Ok thanks! will be in touch pay day! as i've spent £400 on my 200sx this month :-o :cry:
Out of interest is the spacer group buy still on,as i could be on for these too!
Cheers.Paul :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.