Lowering springs

Aug 31, 2020
Rutland
Hiya totally new to the forum. Looking for recommendations on lowering springs. I had some but they don't fit :/ even though the ebay seller had them listed for my car. I have a 2009 facelift seat leon fr 2.0 tdi 170bhp

Any recommendations would be great

Thanks
Shell
IMG_20200810_125443_600.jpg

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
How low do you want to go?

Is it still on factory shocks? If so I'd replace them too. Perhaps look for a shocks & springs kit. I've just done a suspension refresh on my 2010 FR and the shocks were well past their best on the front and the rears were completely shot.

Which springs did you have that apparently don't fit?

Kuski

Aug 13, 2020
Nice timing. I just thought to post a thread about lowering spring recommendations. Im thinking Eibach sportlines, but I'm not sure is it low enough. I had eibach springs in my last car 330i E46 BMW and they were great. Then there would be BC Racing coilovers and offcource more hi-end coilovers.

Countryboyhaha

Jan 6, 2016
Cavan, Ireland
I have H&R with std shocks and very impressed with them. Not overly harsh. Can feel the shocks need to be replaced but don't have the free cash at the moment. Some of my other car's need love too

Kuski

Aug 13, 2020
Are you looking for around a 30mm drop and something budget?

Damian @ DPM Performance
Im looking more of "stance" look. Im not sure how much car should ne dropped. But i think Eibach pro-kit at standard Leon is to High for my taste. Not sure about Sport-line springs.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
For anything lower than Eibach Pro-kit springs you will need to uprate the shock absorbers.

if you want this god awful “stanced” look then you need to be getting Coilovers.

AP coilovers will do you if you don’t want to spend too much. They are lower end but made by KW so decent enough for an old banger.

Reactions: Kuski
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.