lumpy tickover lcr

X MA7T

Nov 17, 2008
Leicester
Had this problem since i got the car, its lumpy on tickover. Like its missing.
Its had new plugs and coils. Can u think of anything else? When it was remaped the guy had it on vag diagnostics. The missfire counted on cylider 3, we changed the plugs and coils around and it stayed on 3. Help please guys!

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
dodgy injector or wiring to that injector,

have you tired 4 new coil packs ? and the spark plugs tight down ??

next thing would be a cylinder compression test...

X MA7T

Nov 17, 2008
Leicester
it sounds more like the injector as it stays in the same place, strange how it only happens at tickover though,
plugs are in and coils are new,i may try moving an injector?

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
when your up the revs maybe you cant feel if its rough running, poss a blocked injector and on idle its holding back, maybe do a throttle body clean and then a realignment see how it runs then

where abouts do you live ?

cupracupra

I have a similar problem with mine thats gradually got worse and worse, took it to JBS last week for diagnosis and they said it was losing pressure between cylinders 2 and 3 and that this was either the head gasket or a split cylinder head. The head is being removed this week fingers crossed its just the gasket. like someone said previous though a pressure test would be one thing to check. by the way my car has now had 3 new coil packs on cylinder 3 to no avail.

X MA7T

Nov 17, 2008
Leicester
Still not got rid of this problem, Think i need to do a compression test as the water needs topping up quite often or is this normal?
Throttle bodie is clean but ive not moved an injector yet, may try it this weekend. All wireing looks fine but not sure how to check.
It seems to get worse after giving it sum, would be nice to get it sorted!

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
topping the water up often isnt normal, check the injectors, swap the injectors over from the cylinder to another one and take it for a drive and then do a diagnostic check to see if the missfire has stayed in the same place. if not try a compression test. if you are toping the water up could be head gasket problems....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members