Lupo Dashboard

nak

May 13, 2006
Hi all, just wanted to know would a lupo dashboard fit a MK 1 Arosa, with clock cluster, would appreciate any feedback.

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I can't see why it wouldn't physically go in - they're the same basic body shell.

Can't advise on the electrical side though, I think you might get a few issues pairing the clocks to the Mk1 electrical system.

nak

May 13, 2006
As you know, my lads just purchased this Arosa, interior is so bland, so got a few ideas about updating it, someones offered us complete dashboard with clocks at a bargain price, hmmmmm :think:

nak

May 13, 2006
If we can get round electrics on clocks this will be good, but just thinking about chip in key, how does it actually work, has it got something to do with ignition barrel or clock cluster :think:

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Hummmm, Im sure the Mk1 Arosa got the dash of a mid 90's polo?

Cant be certain :confused:

It does look almost identical, and lots of other interior bits came from Mk4 polos too.

But if the Arosa and Lupo are the same body shell, I would have thought a Lupo dash would also fit? Unless the shell isn't as identical as I think it is!

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
If its a bargin price it might be worth the risk then ebay it if not?

Cant say its ever been attempted by anyone I know.

The Mk2 Arosa got the new style (lupo) dash aint it anyone???? :think:

May 31, 2011
Essex
im thinking of doing the same thing as mk1 dash is so boring but i cant seem to find anyone who has done it ..... once ive fixed my gearbox im looking into just doing it and seeing what happens as off uni now till october =]

calvinvw

It does fit the arosa, if its needs doing right you have to take steering columm out or you can just cut were it is an flex it over the columm it wont make a difference once all screwed up.

nak

May 13, 2006
Managed to fit a VW Lupo dashboard into my lads Seat Arosa MK1 with his help of course, after a couple of modifications and loads of soldering and a final touch from a friend (Bob) with a hell of a job.
The only one problem, is engine check light stays on but when you switch sidelights on, goes off, oh well sure he can live with it, comes down to a resistor i suppose, but all up and running, dash looks great, as soon as i get chance will get some pictures up :p

nak

May 13, 2006
SL371313.jpg

SL371314.jpg

SL371315.jpg

SL371316.jpg

Not the best of pictures, last ones the best, having probs with camera, have changed steering wheel since, luv the dash, so much better than the original and blue led display at night :)

stubee89

So what did you actually have to do to get this thing in? im working on my interior at the moment. Done seats, head rests, cards, roof lining and carpet, but i want to get hold of a lupo dash, get it flocked and wack that in but i would love to know how hard it is to do

shadyshades91

Feb 12, 2012
seeing this made my day haha as i wanted a lupo but insurance was alot cheap on arosa LOL please do a how to guide and wats required would be amazing to attempt this in my mk1

B105EAT

Oct 27, 2015
Hi guys !, im trying to change the dashboard light switch from seat arosa mk1, to vw lupo, can anybody help me with the wiring diagram ? Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.