Lux model vs non Lux

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
Hello everyone,
What difference in £ would people put on the Lux model vs the Non Lux on the 300 estate? I'm looking at two, one Lux and one not. The Lux has the heated buckets seats and Keyless entry ( the keyless entry is not something I've ever wanted to be honest), I'm not sure what else the Lux has over the other one.
I'm looking at making a purchase today or tomorrow.
Thanks for any advice

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
Thank you for that. It's not as simple as going onto the manufacturer site as it was all about the new model. Much appreciated. I have just noticed on a video that one garage sent me that the non lux doesn't have 'keyless go'. It's a long time since I had to use the key

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
Righto, no problem. I'm having a good look at it as I can get a really good deal on a non lux version but didn't fancy it missing the keyless go.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Lux over non-lux appears to be:

Leather seat
Front bucket seats
Electrically operated front seats
Adaptive Cruise Control
Kessy (keyless entry) and wireless phone charger (I’m sure that there were issues with the wireless charger at some stage in production when the EZ cars were first produced and some didn’t have it fitted or activated)
Winter Pack (heated seats, headlight wash, heated wash/wipe nozzles)

Reactions: Sarah

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Lux over non-lux appears to be:

Leather seat
Front bucket seats
Electrically operated front seats
Adaptive Cruise Control
Kessy (keyless entry) and wireless phone charger (I’m sure that there were issues with the wireless charger at some stage in production when the EZ cars were first produced and some didn’t have it fitted or activated)
Winter Pack (heated seats, headlight wash, heated wash/wipe nozzles)
Worth mentioning that its full leather OR half leather/half alcantara bucket seats, not both..

Not sure when Lux changed from full leather to buckets though, but the newer Lux models had buckets.

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
The Lux that Ive been looking at is the alcantara trim. It's older than the non lux models I'm looking at and works out at £2k more including my part ex, so weighing up if the missing things are worth an extra £2k. I'm part ex'ing a facelift 2020 audi a4 avant so the non lux has a few bits less than I have now like reversing camera, heated seats, start button, probably other things I have noticed yet.
Some of the Seat dealers are a lot keener than others to sell

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The Lux that Ive been looking at is the alcantara trim. It's older than the non lux models I'm looking at and works out at £2k more including my part ex, so weighing up if the missing things are worth an extra £2k. I'm part ex'ing a facelift 2020 audi a4 avant so the non lux has a few bits less than I have now like reversing camera, heated seats, start button, probably other things I have noticed yet.
Some of the Seat dealers are a lot keener than others to sell
That seems odd, I could of sworn all Lux had full leather at first, before moving onto buckets.

Buckets look like this...
1611229787978.png

Standard seats:
1611229831364.png

Apologies if you know this already.

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
The seats are right for the ones i'm looking at . The lux has the top buckets and the non lux has the bottom pic. It's the keyless go that has surprised me that's missing. It will be old school going back to a key
ps i'm looking at an October 19 (69) reg with 16 miles Lux but black my least favourite colour and Jan 20 (69) reg with 4k miles on non lux mystery blue. £2k difference

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The seats are right for the ones i'm looking at . The lux has the top buckets and the non lux has the bottom pic. It's the keyless go that has surprised me that's missing. It will be old school going back to a key
ps i'm looking at an October 19 (69) reg with 16 miles Lux but black my least favourite colour and Jan 20 (69) reg with 4k miles on non lux mystery blue. £2k difference
As much as I'd hate to own another 'swirl mark' black car, and I do like the blue, I'd probably be more sold on the better seats.

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
I get what you are saying but I've recently had a 19 c43 in black so the paintwork wasn't too bad but i grew to really dislike it and when I sold it in October I said no black again unless it's an absolute bargain (y)

2Stevo2

Oct 20, 2015
North Lanarkshire, Scotland
I get what you are saying but I've recently had a 19 c43 in black so the paintwork wasn't too bad but i grew to really dislike it and when I sold it in October I said no black again unless it's an absolute bargain (y)

Sarah,

I have a black Cupra Lux (70 plate). Like you I had the choice between a Lux or Non-Lux.

I personally really like and use the heated bucket seats and wireless phone charger all the time. Additionally, a bit like you, keyless entry and go is just better and didnt want to go back to using a key.

Mine is black aswell. granted it is a pain to keep clean but when it is, it looks stunning.

Robtt

Jan 14, 2020
North Yorkshire
My Nov 19 Lux didn’t have the reverse camera . Thankfully , it was fitted by the garage when they registered the car as a demo . You can disable kessy by touching the drivers door handle as you lock the car .