Maguiars quick clay

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
Will maguiars quick clay remoove the wax that is already on the car, ie will I have to polish then wax after I use the clay?

Also di I dry the car before using the clay after shampooing or do I leave wet and the spray and clay?

Many thanks

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
The Megs clay bar will remove nearly all the contaminants on the paint, this includes wax and polish residues so yes. You can for sake of simplicity just wax afterwards after you remove the quick detailing spray with a decent microfibre cloth/s.
When I use Megs Clay I tend to rinse the car after washing then straight away clay using either a solution of shampoo or the quick detailer. Its important for the car to be dry when you apply either polish or wax

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
The Megs clay bar will remove nearly all the contaminants on the paint, this includes wax and polish residues so yes. You can for sake of simplicity just wax afterwards after you remove the quick detailing spray with a decent microfibre cloth/s.
When I use Megs Clay I tend to rinse the car after washing then straight away clay using either a solution of shampoo or the quick detailer. Its important for the car to be dry when you apply either polish or wax

Thanks for that. I'll leave the car wet (after rinsing) then clay and the make sure the car is dry the polish then wax.

Cheers

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yup D3DNA stated it does remove anything. I Washed, clayed, polished, sealed and wax the car yesterday. I used megs quick clay and its pretty good. Make sure the car is wet when you clay...

MK8

I washed, dried, then used lubricant on different parts off the car. I didnt want to leave the car wet because I didn't want any water marks, as claying took me quite a while. The water would have dried way too quickly, especially in the sun.

Then after polished, sealed, waxed.

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
I suppose it would do any harm to give it a quick wash after claying to get rid of any water mark

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I washed, dried, then used lubricant on different parts off the car. I didnt want to leave the car wet because I didn't want any water marks, as claying took me quite a while. The water would have dried way too quickly, especially in the sun.

Then after polished, sealed, waxed.
I just wet the body parts i was doing again.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Might sound daft but water is too thin for the job and you'll find it doesn't let the clay glide like you need it to. A very weak mixture of your car shampoo will do it, though.

Just be careful when handling the clay, as any sort of lube solution will make it more slippery.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Will just a water spray on just the certain bits you want to clay suffice or do you need to use a solution of some kind??

No, you need a lubricant for the clay like detailer or shampoo.

I use quick detailer to wipe away the clay residue. I've just bought myself a gallon of Final Touch so I now consider myself truly anal. :D

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.