Main dealer servicing costs.....even you didn't laugh you would cry!!!

Cupra_Dan

£122.38 + VAT for some front brake pads for a LCR from a main dealer!!

Cupraloon

I got quoted £303 for a 40K service, from a SEAT main stealer, from a local independant was quoted £200 with the plugs, if they need doing, other wise £150-175, I know where I'm going.

Just be thankfull you don't own a Vauxhall, having worked at one (no names) !! their labour rates were through the roof, and quality of work on the whole was (let's say) a little iffy, which is why I'm no longer there, i should add :whistle:

CHRIS200

Powered by Seat Sport
Oct 4, 2003
Fleet, Hants
Visit site
I always used to sware by Camb Seat but after they tried ripping me off, I will never set foot or ever recommend them to anyone else ever again.

My other local Seat dealer is Wiltshire & Sons in Farnham. The labour rates care crazy £85 + VAt per hour!! I will never ever get any work done there purly because of the theat rate but the guy in parts is a star. He has helped me out and give me discounts and is excellent.

He said that he can get pretty much anything thing for any of the VAG range from pretty much any supplier, inc after market parts at cheaper than trade price, and I believe him.

He showed me the parts that he had ordered in, OE and aftermarket for a new Leon special that they were doing, and let's just say they were very reasonable prices on retail and less than you would pay if you went direct to some suppliers.

Just started to use a VW specaliest tucked away in the surrey countryside and they have been eexcellent and the work and prices are fantastic.

The company is The Phirm and the come highly recommended.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Main reason why i use inde-tech.

All the guys there are VAG trained, they're careful, polite, always do a good job, charge half the labour rate that SEAT do, they inform you of any extra work that needs doing BEFORE doing it!

The only way i'd use a dealer would be if it was a company car or had a fixed service schedule that was paid for as part of the car purchase.

Ask a main dealer to do anything more than change plugs and you're asking for trouble - and you get your pockets well and truly felt.

How anyone can justify charging £85+ vat an hour is beyond me, how they can expect anyone to pay it mystifies me further.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The only way i'd use a dealer would be if it was a company car or had a fixed service schedule that was paid for as part of the car purchase.

Ask a main dealer to do anything more than change plugs and you're asking for trouble - and you get your pockets well and truly felt.

How anyone can justify charging £85+ vat an hour is beyond me, how they can expect anyone to pay it mystifies me further.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :yes:

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
My other local Seat dealer is Wiltshire & Sons in Farnham. The labour rates care crazy £85 + VAt per hour!! I will never ever get any work done there purly because of the theat rate but the guy in parts is a star. He has helped me out and give me discounts and is excellent.

:cry: Farnham are my local dealers and I was contemplating using them but I have heard some pretty bad stories and reviews. I was not exactly over the moon with the service when i went there looking at buying one of their LCR's.

What is the standard labour rate does anyone know? I am thinking of using Kings Seat in Portsmouth but I have no idea what they are like. Anyone had any experiences with them?:)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Mike, if you're happy to drive to Portsmouth, go to JKM. They are a forum sponsor and there are a number of local - and not so local - forum members that have been using them for ages. Myself included :)

Their pricing is MUCH better than Seat's, the work is top notch, they use proper parts (sometimes bought direct from the local VW/Seat/Audi dealer nearby) and they actually care about their work! I cannot recommend them highly enough :)

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Mike, if you're happy to drive to Portsmouth, go to JKM. They are a forum sponsor and there are a number of local - and not so local - forum members that have been using them for ages. Myself included :)

Their pricing is MUCH better than Seat's, the work is top notch, they use proper parts (sometimes bought direct from the local VW/Seat/Audi dealer nearby) and they actually care about their work! I cannot recommend them highly enough :)

Cheers Rob, as they come recommended I will use them next time. I only like to use a garage that has been recommended and so far none near me have been. Portsmouth is not too far, just down the A3 for me.:)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
They are easy to get to too, not far from the M27. They are the sort of place that remembers you and your car too, which is a really nice, personable touch :)

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
They are easy to get to too, not far from the M27. They are the sort of place that remembers you and your car too, which is a really nice, personable touch :)

Thats good - always nice to know the garage care and give a good service. Ill remember the name and look them up nearer the time for my next service (or if there is a problem, whichever comes first!) I really did not want to go to that Farnham garage, and now I don't have to!

Cheers Rob:)

Cupraloon

I've got my 40k next month, I was going to go to the local garage that did the service when i got the car last year, but have been looking around has anyone got any recommendation in the West Sussex/ Surrey borders.

I've found Mega4/ Wheelbase Garage in Hersham (sponsored link) has anyone used them from this forum at all !!! what are thay like ?? they quoted me same as SEAT main stealer @ £300.

logoSEATbabe.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Not very local to me but I'm prepared to pay a little bit more for the service I get at WJ Kings Sidcup. Good, honest guys there and I've got no complaints at all from the parts or service point of view. They even dropped the VAT off a replacement alloy when I couldn't source a used one because it was so blinking expensive.

CHRIS200