Making a grand Return

craig_b

Hi, ive been away for a while playing over at the HyundaiCoupe forums. Yes about a year and a half a go I sold my Ibiza 1.4 and got a Hyundai Coupe 2.0l - great car but expensive to run in this economy. So im looking to sell up and actually try and pick up an Ibiza again. Ive been looking at possibly the TDI engines, but wondered which one would be the best to go for?

Craig

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
1.9TDI PD100
(Sportrider) Sportrider comes with all the fancy features. Old FR looks and I got about 700 miles to a tank when I drove sensibly and when I didn't... Well 150bhp and 260lb of torque isn't slow from a stage 1 remap

Best car I've ever owned!

Aimez

Welcome back away from the rice!lol Depends on your age and insurance but I assume that is not too much of an issue if you just owned a 2l but obviously you are back as you don't wanna pay that much.
Can you afford a cupra or FR insurance? If not goo for the sport as said above. Or yes maybe try an older cupra or FR (old FR won't have the nice bumpers thou)

craig_b

Yeah the insurance isnt the problem, ive got some healthy NCB's too which will help. Im thinking possibly the FR (not the old bumper one)...but alot depends on what I get from my current car. A trip to the stealers tomorrow I think :)

craig_b

The sportrider is only a 1.4 though. It has to be the larger engine as the power will be on tap.
Just rang the dealers and they only have one FR PD 130 in at 8795...its in Red though...the one colour I dont really want to have!

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
The sportrider came in PD100 or 1.4 100bhp petrol.

Personally, id pay the bit extra and get the cupra.

Its in a different league to the FR. Better brakes, better turbo, better looking, better IC setup.

Everything about the Cupra TDi is a winner.

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
The sportrider came in PD100 or 1.4 100bhp petrol.

Personally, id pay the bit extra and get the cupra.

Its in a different league to the FR. Better brakes, better turbo, better looking, better IC setup.

Everything about the Cupra TDi is a winner.

Totally agree, having gone from a TDI sport 130 to a Cupra, smiling al the way :D

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I still don't get this! :confused:

Its all down to learning how to drive in the torque (and staying under 60MPH) ;)

I actualy drive by going off the boost gauge, try to keep it between 10-20 inHG. Quite easy on a run.
It is hard to stay off boost round town though, as mine spools ridiculously early. Just need to look at it in the car park and it spools :)

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Best i have had is just below 38 which is good! Also a petrol cupra

Speaking the truth i almost made it to Newcastle and back on 1 tank i had to put an extra £10 in at £1.25 pl dam service station prices.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members