Manual boost controller

superstar151082

superstar
Jan 14, 2007
gloucester
Hi all,

Would anyone know how to plumb in a manual boost controller?
I know one end goes to the acuator but dopes anyone know where the other
end goes? I was told it can go on the turbo wastegate, but don't know where this is!! or somewhere on the intake manifold....
Can anyone help me please???
Thanks everyone...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
you won't get one to work on your car... the ECU will just think there's a boost leak & go into protection mode

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
he's either stupid, or doesn't know what he's talking about.

The ECU controls the boost (through the N75 valve)

if you want more boost you need a remap

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
he's either stupid, or doesn't know what he's talking about.

The ECU controls the boost (through the N75 valve)

if you want more boost you need a remap

so these boost controllers that people are putting on, can you turn the boost down and up to normal boost say, and it will correct the fueling?

if not why are people doing it?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
which ones are they?

Apexi ones will still go into limp mode, unless the map allows for the larger %age deviation

why do people do anything? because they read about it on some jap forum & bought it cheap on ebay....

superstar151082

superstar
Jan 14, 2007
gloucester
you can controll the boost quite a bit from what i have been told and with the lambda probes on the cat it should change the mixture to run right! i have seen a few of these on a couple of my mates cars and they do work but none of them are vag... so who knows

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
which ones are they?

Apexi ones will still go into limp mode, unless the map allows for the larger %age deviation

why do people do anything? because they read about it on some jap forum & bought it cheap on ebay....

yes the apexi, a couple of ibizas on here have them im sure,

so say a chipped 1.8t max 24 psi boost could you put a apexi on it abd turn the boost to say 10 psi, or leave it on 24 so it holds strong and doesnt back off like the n75 does

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
it's not the N75 stopping you getting 24psi at the top end, it's the turbo that can't do it

on my RR readout, i hit peak boost and it stayed strong for about 1000 rpm but then died, surely if it can hit said boost at lower rpm it should be able to maintain it higher up the rev range as more gasses are passing through,

the guy at the RR day said i needed a boost controller to maintain peak psi

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
the ECS N75 is just an N75J nothing more

I'd say that you need to define & compare what boost you're getting for however long rather than take the word of a dyno operator.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
the ECS N75 is just an N75J nothing more

I'd say that you need to define & compare what boost you're getting for however long rather than take the word of a dyno operator.

rick-12.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
easy. looks like a MAF failure...... or a maf under reading

come to think of it - aren't you running some big MAF tube? that'll cause the car to run lean too...