Mapping and Cam timing

Ben16v

Jan 8, 2007
Glastonbury
www.gmvw.co.uk
Hello all, i need some help to find the right place to do the cam timing and mapping on my R plate 2.0 16v GTI Ibiza. Spent some dollars on this (for my wages anyway!!) so i wanna get it done properly. Most been from £300 to £500,

Anyone got any ideas where to go or can talk from experiance??

Cheers. Ben

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Stealth - yes... Vince is well recommended from many in teh VW world (I can't recall a bad word said)

Ben16v

Jan 8, 2007
Glastonbury
www.gmvw.co.uk
Iv read up on anothervalver thats had all the same work done but had a tsr 4 branch where as iv got a c'n'r flowed one ( because i didnt wanna cut the bulkhead) making just over 190 bhp. work done at stealth which is why i tried them first.

If they're recommended that highly then its the place for me!! Cheers for your help mate.

(beeza gti)

mk2 golf 20vt
Aug 22, 2004
porthcawl,south wales
stealths work is second to none,ive just heard alot of people say that their rollers are very optimistic.but its a good starting place as alot of vw 16v's have been rr there.also i think custom code are remapping these cars now but thats gunna cost you.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Yea Stealth Racing is good mate, had all my engine work done there was very please. Vince is sound and knows his stuff, very helpful to!

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Thanks fella! :)

Don't notice much untill about 4k and then the note of the engine just changes and the car pulls very nicely to 7400(ish) rpm (peaks at 7k), change gear and drops nicely back into the power.

Fun to drive and will be shocked what cars you chase!

The car's lumpy on idle and a pain in traffic. With the cat fitted it will just pass the emission test on the MOT with the 268 cams.

Last edited:

Ben16v

Jan 8, 2007
Glastonbury
www.gmvw.co.uk
Cos im running 276 exhaust cam and a 268 inlet and like you said it is very lumpy, but sound great!!

Iv got so used to the way 16v drives as its the first car iv had with any decent power. I just find it needed that little bit more for combe and the long straight sections of the nurburgring when i lacked power that bit more power!!

Booked in at stealth on the 24th. See what we get out of a tuned ABF with 138K on it!!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
that cam combo previously failed emissions on abf stock ecu's (chipped tho) ibiza

lambda control could'nt cope.

yours been thru emissions since cam'd?

Ben16v

Jan 8, 2007
Glastonbury
www.gmvw.co.uk
Did you go to the ring last year, swear there was a cordy exactly the same, (i know its a bit place and all but got a feeling it was you!)

How do you mean on the cam choice??

Was there anyways around it bill??

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
yours been thru emissions since cam'd?

Mine just passed and I mean the limit was 0.500 and you have 30 seconds it get into that limit. Within the last 5 seconds it dropped to 0.490 :rolleyes:

I think any higher that 268, emissions are not going to pass MOT.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Indeedy:) wont be far off what you've had done but with ITB's

Very nice indeed!!!
What throttle bodies, management and cams you going for? If you don't mind me asking

It's just I'm thinking of throttle bodies next but not sure if I should change my cams or leave the ones I already have.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.