Matt black vinyl wrap mirrors and grill

toca72

Aug 10, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm doing a little experiment not by choice but getting someone to vinyl wrap my wing mirrors and grill surround. Free of charge tho :D
Originally I wanted gloss black as it seems the norm to do but he advised that I go with matt black for a better effect.

Reasons: if I done gloss black it scratches (swirls) easy and can't get swirls out due to it being shiny and with matt black it doesn't scratch (swirls) as easy and you can heat the swirls out or the sun will do it for you. Also, because I have an FR the matt would compensate the rest of the black plastic on b and c pillars and body kit parts etc. so maybe it's gona look unique or maybe looks a bit cheap in my opinion. Anyway will see.

Yes, I could of painted them or bought original gloss black parts but like I say it is an experiment and if I don't like I can peel off.

Not sure if anyone else has done it this way as the norm seems to be gloss black but will hopefully get some pics up on completion later and see what you guys think. :blink:

george g

Aug 6, 2013
I have done mine in a Matt Carbon fibre look wrap and to be honest, it looks OK, however I do think when walking to it from a distance that the matt look does make it look like its got some cheap OEM wing mirrors on - its only when you get close that you can see the patterning underneath.

Its my fault, but also one of the mirrors has started to peel on the inner corner too, so make sure the surfaces are prepped and take our time. Temped to just go gloss black or dipped, but still not sure.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.