May sound really thick but...

Ibiza Cupra

Does the cupra have a LSD??? as i've just been on ebay looking at bits and the A3 1.8t does. (not S3).

AND....

For performance is a LCR engine a lot better than the Ibiza's???

As i've just read a thread about the LCR having a much better VVT system.

Plus a remapped LCR is around 265bhp according to a Big Boys Toys ad in Performane VW.

Surely it would be cheaper to get a LCR engine and get it remapped in that case rather than going KO3s, FMIC etc... and still only looking at 240bhp???

Anyone ever done this or am i being tottally stupid!!!???

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
chrisbond69 said:
No lsd and the lcr engine is mounted differently to the ibiza iirc, yes probably better engine, but to be honest if it was easy im sure it would have been done before,
how differently? they are both transverse engines

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
the k04 wont fit easily into the smaller ibizas engine bay, otherwise people would be swapping it all the time!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Ibiza Cupra said:
Does the cupra have a LSD??? as i've just been on ebay looking at bits and the A3 1.8t does. (not S3).

AND....

For performance is a LCR engine a lot better than the Ibiza's???

As i've just read a thread about the LCR having a much better VVT system.

Plus a remapped LCR is around 265bhp according to a Big Boys Toys ad in Performane VW.

Surely it would be cheaper to get a LCR engine and get it remapped in that case rather than going KO3s, FMIC etc... and still only looking at 240bhp???

Anyone ever done this or am i being tottally stupid!!!???
A3 does'nt have an lsd.
LCR's have k04 turbo's slightly lower compression engines and run 210/225 stock vs 156 in ibiza, leon cupra's have k03s so 180bhp std and a bit more tunability of em than k03 ibiza

k04 stuff requires diferent DP, oil & water lines if fitting into K03'd car. ok if you get a whole donor to rib bits off and can make stuff yourself.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Ibiza standard FMIC is tiny also...

I would talk to A&M or JBS as they both do hybrid ??04's - essentially a K04 packaged in a K03, or you might go for an ATP GT2X eliminator. All would give you K04 power with less hassle.

All would probably need a larger intercooler.

I don't know, but if it were me I would just go up to stage two on a k03s - about 240bhp. I doubt you'll notice the difference on the road.

Ibiza Cupra

OK well thanks for the info. Basically it's not worth looking at?? Just a 20vt 210bhp engine for sale. on ebay can't remember how much. Thought it may work out cheaper but probably not!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.