Media player problem

Jul 28, 2023
Hi , I am having a bit of an issue with the media player in a Cupra Ateca. I can put a USB in with hundreds of mp3 files on it but no matter what settings i try the media player will only play the same few files over and over again. I have also tried making an m3u playlist but the player just comes up with a message saying no playable media found.
Would anyone have any ideas how I can get it to random play tracks from all available on the USB stick?

Tell

Staff member
Hi , I am having a bit of an issue with the media player in a Cupra Ateca. I can put a USB in with hundreds of mp3 files on it but no matter what settings i try the media player will only play the same few files over and over again. I have also tried making an m3u playlist but the player just comes up with a message saying no playable media found.
Would anyone have any ideas how I can get it to random play tracks from all available on the USB stick?
Is that a face lifted one. E.g.. mib3 or mib2.?.

On mib2 I play them from the file menu, you can play them from the tagged file data. There is also a limit on the number of files you can have in each directory. Since it isn't a PC or Mac it just doesn't see beyond that limit so won't play the files. Some people get over this by splitting the files into subdirectories so they don't go over the limit. I only use FLAC so unlike mp3 I keep in those limits so I don't have that issue. Might be @Seriously? Who had that scheme. Someone did.

Hit the limit at 1,000 so if indexed you wont see anything above that. Then you have limits on the filename. See mib2 limits:

Screenshot_20230728-231748.png

I seem to recall the mib3 limits are relaxed. Worth checking the manual if it's one of them. Mib2 is an old style program with list pointers and stuff. I wrote programs like that many moons ago. The array is a fixed declared length so you run out of puff which is the mib2 limits.

Mib3 conversation here:

That was more about album art. mib2 if you want it you can drop your own 500x500 call cover.jpg. One per folder. Observe folder limits for mib2. File name limits etc. The issue is when people drop all their mp3s into one directory or it trips on file name limits. Those limits above. Start small and test.

Jul 28, 2023
Thanks for all the info.
I have checked the manual I have and all it says after giving a list of the file types it can play is:
● Playlists on any type of device.
● Multimedia streaming (online*).
● Multimedia search
Nothing about a limit of files or playlist size.
Though I am well under 1000 files and the playlists I have tried making are always around 4Kb , I have tried the files all in the root directory of the USB and leaving them in the artists folders but no difference.
The car is an 07 plate and I haven't found anything out about the mib* stuff yet.

Tell

Staff member
07 plate ?. That's not a Cupra Ateca with that plate. 2020 is mib3 year. 2015 is the first of mib2. Mib1 2010 etc. I pass on what was fitted to 07 RDS things.

If Cupra Ateca the FL one's from 2020 on have mib3, prior mib2 since that the period. SD card slots mib2 in the glove box. mib3 usb C. How you tell. ExFat for the big media above 32gb. Fat32 below. Do a disk check on the media in case it's got corrupted. NTFS is really for conventional hard disk drives and PCs.

As said you got those published mib2 limits that people hit if they pile all the files in one place or / and have long directory paths. Mib3 I think that's sorted out now. If mib3 reckon that's a media issue. Reformat to exFat.

Test with a few files then build up.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Is that a face lifted one. E.g.. mib3 or mib2.?.

On mib2 I play them from the file menu, you can play them from the tagged file data. There is also a limit on the number of files you can have in each directory. Since it isn't a PC or Mac it just doesn't see beyond that limit so won't play the files. Some people get over this by splitting the files into subdirectories so they don't go over the limit. I only use FLAC so unlike mp3 I keep in those limits so I don't have that issue. Might be @Seriously? Who had that scheme. Someone did.

Hit the limit at 1,000 so if indexed you wont see anything above that. Then you have limits on the filename. See mib2 limits:

View attachment 37655

I seem to recall the mib3 limits are relaxed. Worth checking the manual if it's one of them. Mib2 is an old style program with list pointers and stuff. I wrote programs like that many moons ago. The array is a fixed declared length so you run out of puff which is the mib2 limits.

Mib3 conversation here:

That was more about album art. mib2 if you want it you can drop your own 500x500 call cover.jpg. One per folder. Observe folder limits for mib2. File name limits etc. The issue is when people drop all their mp3s into one directory or it trips on file name limits. Those limits above. Start small and test.
Sorry Tell, it wasn't me. I have trouble remembering that my Compact Cassettes don't work in a CD player🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Tell
Jul 28, 2023
Sorry, 70 plate.
I have been trying a 32 gig USB C drive and an 8 gig USB A with a C adapter both on FAT32. The player doesn't seem to bother about the 256 character file name limit as it is playing some tracks with longer names and it displays them on the screen.
The only thing I have come up with so far is to change the USB sticks occasionally as the player chooses a different group of files to play then.
Is the mlb a software version or something, the system info on the player says: Hardware H56, Software 0804 but thats about it and it must be up to date as the update option is not doing much.

Tell

Staff member
Sorry, 70 plate.
I have been trying a 32 gig USB C drive and an 8 gig USB A with a C adapter both on FAT32. The player doesn't seem to bother about the 256 character file name limit as it is playing some tracks with longer names and it displays them on the screen.
The only thing I have come up with so far is to change the USB sticks occasionally as the player chooses a different group of files to play then.
Is the mlb a software version or something, the system info on the player says: Hardware H56, Software 0804 but thats about it and it must be up to date as the update option is not doing much.
Hmmm could try the Leon 4 side of the board or Formentor side where most of the mib3 people are I reckon. Not sure whether @East Yorkshire Retrofits might have come across the issue. No Mac involved ?. If so you could try Cleanmydrive on the usb after the copy. That removes additional characters that Macs add to files. Feasible that it might not take too kindly of those. That might be clasping at straws.

Sorry, 70 plate.
0841 is the latest, that's not how the update function works

As for wether that will affect what you've mentioned above, I don't think I've seen it mentioned in the release notes. It does improve full link massively though, amongst a tonne of other things

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise