Media System Problem...

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Just waiting in seat as radio getting changed and a woman was saying to reception about hers doing something a lot and showing a video and heard her saying I press and nothing happens haha was on about the media system, must be very common but hopefully mine sorted for a bit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
thought I'd lost all sound yesterday - changed from DAB to FM, changed station, tried turning it off and it wouldn't....went on for over 5 minutes, getting increasingly annoyed with the thing.
Then realised I hadn't hung up on the hands free phone call I'd made before.
knobhead.....wonder what my customer made of the "extended" message I left on the voicemail!

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
thought I'd lost all sound yesterday - changed from DAB to FM, changed station, tried turning it off and it wouldn't....went on for over 5 minutes, getting increasingly annoyed with the thing.
Then realised I hadn't hung up on the hands free phone call I'd made before.
knobhead.....wonder what my customer made of the "extended" message I left on the voicemail!
Haha that's brilliant but bet you were foaming at first lol

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Even after had new radio fitted a week ago I think new one is even worse was very wet this morning lashing down with rain but was 11 degrees C and kept jumping around stations so wonder if it's moisture that causes it, surely seat would have sorted this common fault but don't see point of taking back in as will be exactly the same

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Are you a cash buyer or PCP customer if PCP I'd be leaning on them as they own the car and it's not working right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
Even after had new radio fitted a week ago I think new one is even worse was very wet this morning lashing down with rain but was 11 degrees C and kept jumping around stations so wonder if it's moisture that causes it, surely seat would have sorted this common fault but don't see point of taking back in as will be exactly the same

have they really changed it?

mine has been spot on since the change

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah I marked the old one and this one is brand spanking new, and I own the car but not to worry will get it cha geddit again when get a chance or next time in

ScottI_91

Sep 2, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
I dropped my 65plate off for the media system freezing issue this morning (along with countless rattles). Been told that there is a TPI for this and that Seat know about it but wont do anything to fix it.

Wondering how many success stories there are with replacement head units resolving the issue in cold weather?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Mine was booked in for this problem last month, but under a warranty claim as it would have otherwise been chargeable according to Seat. In the end, they said that 're-coding' the unit might fix it, so they did that instead. I swear this is just technical B.S. lingo to make people go away... they may as well have blamed the flux capacitor.

The first cold day since was Monday and it went wrong again, so it's booked in *again* for a replacement.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Thought I'd chime in on this too.

The touch-screen on my car occasionally fails to illuminate. It still responds to the touch but it remains dark until the ignition is turned off, the key removed and the car restarted. It's annoying if you've set off before you notice it and obviously I'm concerned that the problem might get worse once the car is out of warranty.

After a lot of complaining and SEAT trying to fob me off, they replaced the touchscreen in July of last year. made no difference.

In December they updated the software, or at least they say they did. Made no difference.

After that the dealer informed me that they'd had a memo from SEAT, they cannot accept video evidence of the fault. They must see it in person. That it virtually impossible to do as my wife uses the car for her work and cannot simple fail to turn up at an appointment to make the hour round-trip to the dealer.

I mailed SEAT customer services but the response was pretty unsatisfactory in my opinion. They basically said 'That's the rules, nothing else we can do, and once it's out of warranty you'll need to pay for it'.

I have problems with this on several levels. Perhaps the most worrying is the lack of trust.

SEAT are choosing to disbelieve their customers, even when they have no reason to lie. Why would I complain about a perfectly functioning touch-screen? What would I hope to gain from that? Do they suppose we enjoy endless trips to the dealers? It's clear why they are doing it. If they replace a until they cannot prove is faulty they will not be able to make a successful claim against the manufacturer of the unit, which in this case I think is Grundig. My big issue with that it that they are choosing to protect themselves from financial loss at the expense of trashing the relationship with their customer.

The sad part is that they could easily have offered a reasonable compromise. All they had to say was that they recognise there is a problem but they don't know how to fix it and agree to sort it out should it get worse after the warranty has expired.

My son is looking at a new Ibiza or a used Leon and to be honest, If I could think of a better alternative I would take it. SEAT/VW are not playing nice and are putting profit before reasonable customer care and I'm not at all impressed. They haven't heard the last of it.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Thought I'd chime in on this too.

The touch-screen on my car occasionally fails to illuminate. It still responds to the touch but it remains dark until the ignition is turned off, the key removed and the car restarted. It's annoying if you've set off before you notice it and obviously I'm concerned that the problem might get worse once the car is out of warranty.

After a lot of complaining and SEAT trying to fob me off, they replaced the touchscreen in July of last year. made no difference.

In December they updated the software, or at least they say they did. Made no difference.

After that the dealer informed me that they'd had a memo from SEAT, they cannot accept video evidence of the fault. They must see it in person. That it virtually impossible to do as my wife uses the car for her work and cannot simple fail to turn up at an appointment to make the hour round-trip to the dealer.

I mailed SEAT customer services but the response was pretty unsatisfactory in my opinion. They basically said 'That's the rules, nothing else we can do, and once it's out of warranty you'll need to pay for it'.

I have problems with this on several levels. Perhaps the most worrying is the lack of trust.

SEAT are choosing to disbelieve their customers, even when they have no reason to lie. Why would I complain about a perfectly functioning touch-screen? What would I hope to gain from that? Do they suppose we enjoy endless trips to the dealers? It's clear why they are doing it. If they replace a until they cannot prove is faulty they will not be able to make a successful claim against the manufacturer of the unit, which in this case I think is Grundig. My big issue with that it that they are choosing to protect themselves from financial loss at the expense of trashing the relationship with their customer.

The sad part is that they could easily have offered a reasonable compromise. All they had to say was that they recognise there is a problem but they don't know how to fix it and agree to sort it out should it get worse after the warranty has expired.

My son is looking at a new Ibiza or a used Leon and to be honest, If I could think of a better alternative I would take it. SEAT/VW are not playing nice and are putting profit before reasonable customer care and I'm not at all impressed. They haven't heard the last of it.

Agree 100% profit before care! I had a 5 month battle with VWFS this time last year gave them 24 lots of video evidence they refused to accept rejection! In end I took them to ombudsman ref PCP agreement and won.

If your on a pcp finance deal under14-1 you can claim financial redress as car does nit meet terms of the agreement so they are in breach of contract.

VWFS are bunch of c.......s very arrogant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
If your on a pcp finance deal you can claim financial redress as car does nit meet terms of the agreement..

We bought the car cash. I'm going to try and find someone higher up at SEAT to write to, and try the legal guy at Auto Express.

ali831

Apr 19, 2008
hampshire
sorry to revive an old thread but our infotainment system started working on it's for the first time in about September last year. (1.4 tsi FR 2014) It was intermittent at first & only did it once a week or so. As the weather got colder it did it more often. It would change station on it's own, change from DAB to FM & the touch screen would not respond to any commands. As my journey continued & the car warmed up it would start responding again.

I noticed the screen was covered in finger prints & seemed to attract 'fog' when the car misted up inside one freezing morning. So with the car/screen switched off I gave it a good clean & that was over a month ago & despite all the snow & several mornings at -6 degrees it has not done it at all since then. Maybe this was a fluke or was the screen thinking it was being touched with all the cold, misted prints on it???? Either way a good clean seems to have worked....for now!

• Love
Reactions: SickOfThisProblem
Oct 20, 2021
Hi all I have a 2016 seater Alahambra and I’m experiencing the same problem with the media system where you can’t change radio stations, none of the buttons work and sometimes the controls on the steering wheel won’t respond to the stereo and I was wondering if anyone has an answer how to get this fixed please as it’s driving me crazy as I’ve had 2nd hand cars that work better this this issues in what was a brand new car and had made me look at seat in a whole different light

Oct 20, 2021
sorry to revive an old thread but our infotainment system started working on it's for the first time in about September last year. (1.4 tsi FR 2014) It was intermittent at first & only did it once a week or so. As the weather got colder it did it more often. It would change station on it's own, change from DAB to FM & the touch screen would not respond to any commands. As my journey continued & the car warmed up it would start responding again.

I noticed the screen was covered in finger prints & seemed to attract 'fog' when the car misted up inside one freezing morning. So with the car/screen switched off I gave it a good clean & that was over a month ago & despite all the snow & several mornings at -6 degrees it has not done it at all since then. Maybe this was a fluke or was the screen thinking it was being touched with all the cold, misted prints on it???? Either way a good clean seems to have worked....for now!
I’ll give this a go!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise