Media System Problem...

Eire

Sep 19, 2016
Kildare Ireland
I Have a Leon St Fr registered March 2016 and my Media System has developed an intermittent fault.. Sometimes now when I start the car and drive off I cannot change the radio station it's like the touch screen won't work for the duration of my journey..also sometimes the touchscreen starts touching itself usually at the same time that I can't change the channel..
Has anyone else had this experience..? :think:

stockofr150

Jun 29, 2016
Yes I have been getting the same problem with my 2014 fr. I've had problems when driving off in the morning with the screen beeping and jumping screen modes and also upon pressing the mode button being unable to select a mode change due to touchscreen not working.
Since finding this problem,i've taken it into my main dealer (snows seat in poole) who plugged in the diagnostic fault finder with no fault registering,BUT it's still happening! I've been advised by the dealer to try and capture this happening on video so to help with the warranty

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
I was going to post a question about this I have had the same, when driving off once every so often it beeps as if touching the screen but I am no were near it, what was the outcome for anyone ? As would never be able to catch it as so intermittent

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

yozza1987

Leon Mk3 Fr
Sep 3, 2013
Worcester
I have had the problem last winter in my 2014fr. It stopped during the summer but has just started again now the weather has gone colder so I think it may be temperature related in some cases. Used to have the issue in my old Alfa Romeo Giulietta whenever the heaters were on aswell but with the added bonus of a constant fast forward of music if it was playing a cd and no volume control

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
It's a known fault VW and seat burying there heads in sand - they can't fix it. If you guys got finance on these cars I'd start leaning very heavily on the finance co with complaints. I rejected a golf over this as the customer service was sh@@e and more to the point finance were arrogant so I taught them a harsh lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bleon

Sep 11, 2016
It's definitely weather related, mine did this last winter, fine in the summer, and has started again now the cold mornings are back.

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Just looked at the media system update thread posted lower down (at least at the minute) and if you follow the link in the last post and look at the description in the eBay listing it mentions fixing issues to do with the heater. It may be worth either speaking to your dealer and referencing that this will fix your problem or buying via the link if you'd prefer to avoid the hassle. Personally I think I might be asking my local dealer as mine is also my16 model.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Oh the joy of technology. Gimme an RNS 315 and some proper switches any day. Never mind fairy light footwells and door cards.

isalopek

Aug 25, 2016
I have one problem, i have media system pkus, and when i press voice it says starting....and nothing happened? Is there activation or something needed?
Tnx

Rafterman79

Jul 14, 2011
Hold the power button down until the system turns off, its like a hard reset for the media system. Seems to work on my 2014 280.

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Mine was terrible this morning going into settings etc and just selecting what it wanted, must be temperature related as was 1 degree this morning and car covered in ice, thinking I might try record it and get in touch with seat but fear they will just try it and it will be fine by then

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.