Metal on Metal sounding brakes??

mwl_303

When braking it sounds like my pads are worn and the metal is grinding against the discs. Checked brake pads but are fine .. only had car 6months so not too worn down.

Would changing pads/discs anyway be an idea ? or is it simply just giving it a good clean if ther anything causing this sound.

Tempted to just take it to dealership and seeing what they think of it .. any advice or if anyone knows what it is ? .. would be great

Cheers

mwl_303

only looked through the alloys at what i can see of the pads .. taking it out 2nite and having a mechanic listen 2 it 2 see what he thinks. i had a clio before and had no brakes on it at one point and its making the same noise as that, except it seems my brakes are fine .. just annoyin me really

mwl_303

havnt had a proper check but took it out with a mechanic and he said that the inner pad may need changin as we cant see it .. but he said its most likely going to be that the caliper is sticking.

He said it should just be a re-grease jobby and check pads which he will do sat, hopefully this is the problem and no more rubbing.

I said to him what everyone on here as mentioned like problems with abs or the servo etc but he doesnt think its that.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.