MIB2 not recognizing iPhone 13 Pro - worked fine with android

Aug 9, 2021
Hi all,

Just swapped over to a iPhone 13 Pro from a Galaxy S20 Plus and can't get the MIB2 unit to recognise the USB connection or launch CarPlay. Previously I had a Galaxy 20 Plus that worked just fine - connected via USB and Android Auto.

When I plug the iPhone in (tried both USB ports, geniune/non genuine cable and another iPhone 13) the MIB2 unit says that it's reading the USB device but then says that it is not recognized, however the iPhone does charge.

The iPhone is up to date and the MIB2 unit's version is 514T.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Hi all,

Just swapped over to a iPhone 13 Pro from a Galaxy S20 Plus and can't get the MIB2 unit to recognise the USB connection or launch CarPlay. Previously I had a Galaxy 20 Plus that worked just fine - connected via USB and Android Auto.

When I plug the iPhone in (tried both USB ports, geniune/non genuine cable and another iPhone 13) the MIB2 unit says that it's reading the USB device but then says that it is not recognized, however the iPhone does charge.

The iPhone is up to date and the MIB2 unit's version is 514T.

Any help would be appreciated!
I think you need a different USB port for Apple phones, would be worth checking with @East Yorkshire Retrofits

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
My wife uses her iPhone 13 in my Leon 184, I've got an android auto wireless adapter for my phone in usb port 1, and she uses an Anker lightning cable in port 2 - launches immediately. You can even have both handsets connected at once - and the full link screen gives you the option to pick which phone to launch

Sounds like a duff cable?

*Edit* have you tried:

Make sure that Siri is on.
If your iPhone isn’t detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn’t restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021
My wife uses her iPhone 13 in my Leon 184, I've got an android auto wireless adapter for my phone in usb port 1, and she uses an Anker lightning cable in port 2 - launches immediately. You can even have both handsets connected at once - and the full link screen gives you the option to pick which phone to launch

I've tried both a genuine Apple cable and a generic one from Amazon unfortunately :/

Aug 9, 2021

*Edit* have you tried:

Make sure that Siri is on.
If your iPhone isn’t detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn’t restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
All good on the first two points, but for the third I haven't even got to that stage yet - nothing shows up on the CarPlay screen, just a searching icon.

Aug 9, 2021
Update - I've updated the MIB2 to the latest version (0516) but still facing the same issue.

I've tried my phone in another car and CarPlay launches straight away, even using the exact same cable.

Is it possible that my 2019 Lux is only activated for Android Auto?

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
From what I understood Full Link is an all or nothing - it's either activated and you get both AA and Carplay, or its disabled and you get nothing

Aug 9, 2021
Managed to sort it. Had to go in through OBD2 and change the USB connection from 'USB' to 'USB + iPhone' and then restart the MIB2.

Reactions: TripleBob
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.