Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 235/35 R19 Y (91)

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S
235/35 R19 Y (91)

Is this a decent tyre for the 4wd Leon cupra?
If not what would you advise in similar price range?
Found them at 130 per tyre
Thanks.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
These or Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports. Normally which ever is cheaper if you're doing all 4.

But the PS4S will likely last longer, so when getting prices, imagine that then PS4S last 15-20% longer to see if the extra cost of the PS4S over the Goodyears is worth it.

Reactions: Miguel 7

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Chatting to a guy at the garage who had PS4s on his Nissan GTR, So far has15k miles out of his set, and they still looked good, looked astonished when I said I was used to 5k out of a rear pair of Bridgestone on rwd Honda, double that on the front though. I have a set of Michelin’s to go on it soon, hoping their reputation is true.

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
These or Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports. Normally which ever is cheaper if you're doing all 4.

But the PS4S will likely last longer, so when getting prices, imagine that then PS4S last 15-20% longer to see if the extra cost of the PS4S over the Goodyears is worth it.

I haven’t seen the data for the 4s vs the Eagle F1 Supersport but at least with the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym. 5 vs Pilot Sport 4, the Goodyear actually has the wear advantage. This idea that Michelin offers the best longevity is becoming a thing of the past. They are great, but so are the Goodyears and a couple of other brands, too.

This summer I bought a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym.5 tyres in 235 35 R19 and I’ve been very happy with them. My advice is, whichever tyre is cheaper from those two, go with that one. They’re very close.

Edit: I found the 2019 tyre test with the wear results (for the PS4 and f1 Asym. 5):

Last edited:

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Like you say the tyre test is for the PS4 which is the PS3 replacement, the tyre he's asking about is the PS4S which is the replacement for the supersport, my old audi s4 came with p zeros on, they lasted under 5k, I changed to PS4S and still had life left in them when I got rid of it when my polestar came and it had 20k on it

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
Like you say the tyre test is for the PS4 which is the PS3 replacement, the tyre he's asking about is the PS4S which is the replacement for the supersport, my old audi s4 came with p zeros on, they lasted under 5k, I changed to PS4S and still had life left in them when I got rid of it when my polestar came and it had 20k on it

I absolutely agree that Michelin and Goodyear hold a wear advantage over many other brands, Pirelli included. What I do dispute is that the Michelins are the only UHP tyre that can offer great performance, comfort and tread life.

I doubt the differences between the PS4 and PS4s is massive, same with the Asym. 5 and the Supersport. I think the difference in wear (if any) is going to be pretty small between those two tyres. I went to the tyre fitter's with the plan to buy whichever tyre was cheaper on the day. I'll do that the next time, and if I come away with the Michelins, I'll be happy, too. I've had both on my Leon and there's not a lot between them.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I haven’t seen the data for the 4s vs the Eagle F1 Supersport but at least with the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym. 5 vs Pilot Sport 4, the Goodyear actually has the wear advantage. This idea that Michelin offers the best longevity is becoming a thing of the past. They are great, but so are the Goodyears and a couple of other brands, too.

This summer I bought a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym.5 tyres in 235 35 R19 and I’ve been very happy with them. My advice is, whichever tyre is cheaper from those two, go with that one. They’re very close.

Edit: I found the 2019 tyre test with the wear results (for the PS4 and f1 Asym. 5):

I'm just going off of people's experiences with them on the facebook groups.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
I run them all round on my Golf R plus they’ve just won the EVO tyre test for 19” tyres. I won’t run anything else - excellent tyres.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
EXCELLENT tyres
BUT
Ruddy noisy, you can sing along with the music from them on some surfaces else it drowns it out. Been like that day 1 and on the CUP tyres too.

Anyone know of decent quieter tyres for next time.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
EXCELLENT tyres
BUT
Ruddy noisy, you can sing along with the music from them on some surfaces else it drowns it out. Been like that day 1 and on the CUP tyres too.

Anyone know of decent quieter tyres for next time.

Same on Goodyears and Continentals I’ve used. It’s down to the size of the tyre and road surface. If I’m going to have a bit of noise, I might as well have it from the best tyres! You could, of course, fit Bridgestones........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Polly and Miguel 7
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.