Tires for Cupra Leon 300

May 12, 2024
Hi,
What do you think is the best overall tire for Cupra leon 300 ( for my needs ) ?
It's my daily car. I do plan to take it to the race track once every few months and some trips.
Right now I have on the car what came for the factory which is Hankook Ventus S1 evo3.
The ride is somewhat comfortable but In terms of grip from 0-100 and sharp corners, it's not a good.
The car slips a lot during acceleration until 100km/h and even when going a bit quick in roundabout. the tires looks in a very good condition. only about 16,000 KM.

So far I have heard about 2 tires :
- Michelin pilot sport 4 s
- Continental Sportcontact 7

So far from what I have heard the Continental is a bit better in some aspect. what I do worry about is fuel consumption. right now it's about 1L/10KM which is decent.
How bad will fuel consumption gets on a more sticker tires ?

Thanks.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Maybe worth having a read of this;

Last edited:

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Hi,
What do you think is the best overall tire for Cupra leon 300 ( for my needs ) ?
It's my daily car. I do plan to take it to the race track once every few months and some trips.
Right now I have on the car what came for the factory which is Hankook Ventus S1 evo3.
The ride is somewhat comfortable but In terms of grip from 0-100 and sharp corners, it's not a good.
The car slips a lot during acceleration until 100km/h and even when going a bit quick in roundabout. the tires looks in a very good condition. only about 16,000 KM.

So far I have heard about 2 tires :
- Michelin pilot sport 4 s
- Continental Sportcontact 7

So far from what I have heard the Continental is a bit better in some aspect. what I do worry about is fuel consumption. right now it's about 1L/10KM which is decent.
How bad will fuel consumption gets on a more sticker tires ?

Thanks.
I went from the Michelin PS4S to Continental Sportcontact 7 and have noticed no difference in fuel economy nor any difference on the track but i did notice a big difference in the UK on the price between the two. The other thing somebody mentioned is that the wheel profile is slightly rounder on the top edge so (my car has been lowered) I dont have any issues with tyre rub when pushing car hard on the track.

Longevity we will have to wait and see but all the reviews are very good for this tyre

May 12, 2024
I went from the Michelin PS4S to Continental Sportcontact 7 and have noticed no difference in fuel economy nor any difference on the track but i did notice a big difference in the UK on the price between the two. The other thing somebody mentioned is that the wheel profile is slightly rounder on the top edge so (my car has been lowered) I dont have any issues with tyre rub when pushing car hard on the track.

Longevity we will have to wait and see but all the reviews are very good for this tyre
Do you have the exact same car that I have ? How much Liter per 100km are you able to average with those tires in normal driving ?

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Do you have the exact same car that I have ? How much Liter per 100km are you able to average with those tires in normal driving ?
No I am running a Cupra280 but it runs on a Stage 3 map so my figures will be different to yours although I can easily get 40mpg on a long motorway stretch and down to 11mpg on a fast track day.

May 12, 2024
No I am running a Cupra280 but it runs on a Stage 3 map so my figures will be different to yours although I can easily get 40mpg on a long motorway stretch and down to 11mpg on a fast track day.
40mgp on what speed ? Are you running on some kind of low boost map or something ?

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
40mgp on what speed ? Are you running on some kind of low boost map or something ?
No 40mpg at steady 70 with ECO mode turned on, Not a low boost map just setup so that if you drive the car with a sensitive right foot you get good fuel economy but if you put you foot to the floor / hard braking/ foot to the floor you drink the fuel.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I also can get 40+ mpg driving as Tracktoy describes above, but not very often;). Still on the oe Potenza's but will likely switch to Michelin PS4S as have had them before on the 280, and liked the grip and longlife too.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise