Millers Diesel Sport 4, should i get some??

PTM30

Apr 11, 2010
Thursley
Afternoon Guy's

Just been looking for some miller's and noticed Halfords have got some Diesel Sport 4, is this any good or is it a waste of money????

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Absolutely loads of threads on this subject, use the search and have a look.

Its a personal choice but I use it with standard Shell. I think it would be a waste of time with V Power or Ultimate. In simplest terms I reckon it converts standard Shell to something similar to V Power.

Seems to run smoother and the Leon achieves 2mpg more than before. Stinky's Civic does too with the same results. The Pug I don't know as started with Millers day 1.

If you're thinking of using it full time get a gallon of it for about £65 from fasteronline etc.

Ian150

I have a Leon FR 150 TDI, I have seen the threads on here so decided to give it a go, 3 tank fulls later I can honestly say that ive not notcied any difference, safe to say I wont be buying anymore......

gio

Today's fuel has such a low sulphur content, that it lacks the lubricant of old diesel. given that for this reason alone millers is a good idea, but it also comes with a cetane booster,so you might not notice any difference,but then who can really tell the difference of say 2 or 3 bhp? although lots do especially a quieter sounding engine .

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
new to this as well.
applied but not sure on gains, but engine is much smoother now.
mpg or bhp gains; jury is out but not bothered.

dishwashers are cleaned for a reason. millers does same job in engine -> how stupid does that sound

PTM30

Apr 11, 2010
Thursley
Cheers guy's i think there's only one way to find out and that's to go and get some! Cheers for your views

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
In honesty, I've been using Diesel Sport 4 for ages on my old Polo diesel but can't say I noticed a great difference, merely slight improvement.

I was in a local Car spares place over the weekend and they had Diesel Sport 4 on sale for £15! If that becomes the standard price I'll change over to alternate fill ups with Shell VPower or BP Ultimax. Pre MOT I use Forte Diesel treatment.

BTW I just used some Forte on my FR Tdi(which I've only just got) and I could really feel the difference afterwards...it certainly felt smoother on tickover and pick up.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.