Milltek exhaust problem

Craigbarnley

Oct 13, 2008
Cheltenham
Hi Guys

I may have got my hands on a cupra rear bumper for my Fr tdi but i think i remember reading somewhere that my milltek wont fit as it was for the pre facelift bumper?

does anyone know if this can be modded or do i have to buy a new back box. If that is the case anyone wanna buy it ?

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
I think it's just a case of the exhaust not coming close to the bumper edge.

I beleive it's just a case of losening the joint and sliding the exhaust back a bit then re clamping

Craigbarnley

Oct 13, 2008
Cheltenham
i really hope so as i cant be bothered to get modding it. fitting front and back bumpers at the weekend is this difficult? is it a case of just unscrewing then screwing back on?

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
I had this problem with a standard exhaust, but the other way round. I wanted an FR exhaust on my Sport, and the numpties at the Stealers ordered me a facelift one instead of pre-facelift, so it was sticking miles out.

Not saying Miltek is the same, but on a standard exhaust the actual tips are different lengths, to make up for the difference in bumper size. Loosening off and sliding back the exhaust doesnt work :(

Craigbarnley

Oct 13, 2008
Cheltenham
oh dammit i thought it was gonna be easy! the front bumper was hard enough so do you think i should get another exhaust then or do you think milltek could do something to it?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
The milltek exhaust either oval or twin pipe will sit almost within the facelift / cupra bumper, because the original millteks where designed on a pre-facelifted fr bumper.

The only design I know of to stick out from the facelift / cupra bumper is the new RS shaped milltek.

This was after the garage fitted it... I sent it back as I was not happy at the way it sat.... this picture is more for the depth that the milltek sits within the bumper, I've tweaked it somemore but I cant get the tip to stick out past the bumper.

Image011.jpg

The millteks do "grow" in size as the exhaust is heated up, but when it goes cold it will return to original position.

Still looks good though....

Last edited:

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
oh dammit i thought it was gonna be easy! the front bumper was hard enough so do you think i should get another exhaust then or do you think milltek could do something to it?

Could maybe take it to a custom exhaust place and get them to extend the tips? Would be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new backbox, and a piece of cake for a good welder to do :) would also get it sat exactly as you want it?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.