Milltek exhaust tailpipe corroding on LCR

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I have just spoken to Milltek about my badly corroding tailpipe on my LCR. I have tried cleaning it with Peeks metal cleaner, and Brasso. I bought it new from Westec on the 24th of August last year, and although the exhaust is very good I was suprised to see how badly it had corroded.

Has anyone else suffered like this?

They are looking at replacing it so I have no axes to grind, so hope it all goes to plan.

corrodedpipe19cp.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Will you have to take it to them, or will they ship you a new one to have fitted?

Luckily they're pretty straightforward & quick to swap out if they need you too.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
from that pic, thats not corrosion to me, thats heat

try the auto glym metal cleaner with some serious elbow grease

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Having spent over a grand on it (for all 3 sections) I expected a bit more. Had Supersprint on the Lupo, Blue Flame on the Jetta and a Sebring on my old Golf and never had corrosion and they were damn cheap by comparison. I only forgive it because its got a good tune and its subtle (doesn't look like I've got one of the rocket boosters from the space shuttle hanging out the back of the car)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Ruddmeister said:
Should have spent the money on Coilovers :hide:

Sorry!

You're not joking.

True to form I have had 'the chat' from Milltek that I'm obviously not cleaning it properly. They are going to send me a 3M scourer and I need to buy Silvo and supposedly this should cure it :whistle:

If not they have said they will replace it. I'm always open to trying any manufacturer recommended approach to doing something, but after my efforts on Saturday there is no way that is coming off without compromising the finish.

Also what annoyed me is I sent 3 e-mails that they swear they did respond to :think: and they never did, hence why I took the full on assault of phone call + e-mail + photos + proof of purchase.

Supposedly because their V8 4.2 bi-turbo Audi comes back from track days with the exhasut looking like mine and then cleans up, mine should also. As I haven't done ANY track days in it quite mine looks so bad I'm unsure (only just broke 11k miles on her, and 5k on the zorst).

Oh the joy of spending money - so often these days big spend purchases leave you just that little bit underwhelmed.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.