Milltek LCR Turbo back exhaust, Road test in progress

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
if the milltek tailpipe looks like the blueflame design (as the pictures suggest) then im sure blueflame will be very worried...as i believe the original milltek design stopped them ruling the market! The original design didnt look too nice IMO

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
oooOOOoooo....Amazing how a one liner can brighten up your day :)
Mate just imaging how I feel now :D I cant wait to get it back :D

I wonder why Milltek left it so long to develop one though?. Bit late in the game now with so many LCR's already been modded. Most people will have already heard of Piper, Pipewerx, Blueflame or custom downpipe options.
Surely they won't sell as many now :confused:
After speeking to Milltek they said they keep a lot of inquiry's about the DP & cat, it will also fit the S3 and TT225 so it'll open the market up a bit

if the milltek tailpipe looks like the blueflame design (as the pictures suggest) then im sure blueflame will be very worried...as i believe the original milltek design stopped them ruling the market! The original design didnt look too nice IMO
With the tail pipe that we have choosen and Milltek's buid quility I think they will be onto a winner ;)

Stubbo

Nov 8, 2007
Stoke on Trent
You can put me down for 1.
Hope it doesn't take long for them to put into production.
Are they checking the emissions on the car DK with it all fitted

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Small update from yesterdays progress

"We have 'mocked up' the system and had the new pipes bent. Today we will be making the master patterns on the car and starting to noise and back pressure test the parts."

Hopefully the car will be ready to pick up Friday afternoon :D

Awesome stuff! You must be stupidly excited mate..

You reckon you can get any info on rough pricing come Friday for the general public?

Really liking the idea of the K1 tailpipe :clap:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
After the longest week ever the car is now home :D

Firstly we have a little bit more work to do before the system will be released for most production, understandable Milltek dint want to produce and sell anything that is going to fail or not perform so I've got a bit of road testing and then some cheeks to be done before it's signed off.

The System
The system I am running is a 3" down pipe going into a 200 cell sports cat, mid section is 2.75" mandrel bent tubing going into a 3" silencer with a single 3" exit pipe surrounded by a 6" X 4" tail pipe tip.

055de8c9.jpg

I'll get some better pictures tomorrow when it's clean but personally I think it suit's the back of the car really well.

The Noise
At tick over you get a slightly deeper burble over the cat back system [B)]
under "Normal" "sensible" driving condition's again the full system sounds like the cat back but a little bit deeper, it's when you raise the rev's up to 3.5k that it starts to come alive :D from inside it sound's like how you would expect a powerful car to sound :clap:
It will also give off small pop's and burbles on over run and down shifts, while this sound's good it's not good for the cat as the unburnt fuel damages the coating on the filter in the car :(

Drone
I drove about 114 miles down the M1 and there was no drone from the exhaust what so ever, I have had loud system's before and they were unbearable at motorway speed's but this is 100 time's better.

Emission's
Milltek carried out a before and after emission's cheek and even though we are using a 200 cell cat the emission's are lower than they were with the OE cat :-o

Performance
Now the important bit :D
As well as the emission's they also did a before and after back pressure test, I cant remember the exact figure but I think the full system reduced back pressure by about 30% over the cat back system, I will correct this if I wrong.
Driving the car you can really feel the difference the Turbo spool's a lot quicker and pulls a lot harder, I will try and get some log's or a rolling road session as soon as poss.

The next thing to do is to get the car remaped to stage 2 as there is a chance that it might start to run lean which in the long run will harm the cat.

I hopeing to get the car on a ramp over the weekend so I'll try and get some pictures from the under side.

All in all I'm very very happy the system is great and the service I have recieved from Milltek has been excellent, When the system goes into full production I would highly recomend it ;)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
thats fantastic news m8, that tail pipe looks so much better, i was thinking of changing my back box for a scorpion one but if milltek are going to release this one then i will stay with milltek. i wonder as a milltek customer could they fit that tail pipe on my back box?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
thats good news, looks good, just what im after. any ideas at a cost yet?

Price's wont be discussed untill all the test are done nad Milltek are happy that they system is ready to go, should'nt be too long though ;)

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
Price's wont be discussed untill all the test are done nad Milltek are happy that they system is ready to go, should'nt be too long though ;)

ok aslong as it isnt too expensive and doesnt take too long, ill stick with milltek. i cant see this standard exhaust lasting must longer :cry:

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
As said in your readers rides thread mate it looks great pops and bangs are great you need your self a decat then it won't harm the cat :) I will sort the mot out :) , can't wait to hear a price on the DP altho I won't change the whole system

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Looks good might get 1 when a price is released.
If they are roughly the same price of blue-flame

Also just waiting for this test to be complete and prices to be released, then I'll either get this or the blueflame.. Gotta get rid of my standard system!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
I must admit I like the inside of the new milltek pipe. Lol pea shooter :) I'm sure when it's all run in and coated up I think you won't see it any way :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise