mini sunvisor flap...

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
Whether I'm the last person to know about this, but I've just found this just above the rear view mirror.....didn't know it was there before ! car just keeps on getting better value for money. :)

bogdancristiann

Jan 22, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
I also did this mod, but it seems you have to mount it reversed to be more efficient, because in the normal possition there is still a large gap between the sun visor and the reverse mirror.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2008
Kent
I remember when I found mine, I made a thread called "weird flappy thing above rear mirror" and thats what I still call it :D

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
can they come in black to match the roof/ceiling would look well out of place in that colour ?

:yes:

Got mine from a VW dealer as my local Seat dealer has no idea when I ask him for parts, even if I have part numbers.

Just ask for a center sunvizor in black for a 52' plate golf ;)

DSCF8013.jpg

DSCF8016.jpg

DSCF8017.jpg

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
A bit off topic -but how much was your light? I saw one on a golf in a breakers yard the otherday, but they wanted £15 +VAT for it, and thought for that price I would just get a new one!

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Typical! Mine doesnt have the mapreading lights and id like them. Youd have thought it would have been cheaper for SEAT to have just made one light for all modles rather than designing a different one which would save a couple of pence for each unit. Ill try a seat dealer then.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Typical! Mine doesnt have the mapreading lights and id like them. Youd have thought it would have been cheaper for SEAT to have just made one light for all modles rather than designing a different one which would save a couple of pence for each unit. Ill try a seat dealer then.

It looks like "pounds make prizes" - just take a look at what Ford gets up to, so its worth doing!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Yea, I suppose over the number of cars they make it will add up. Still, I find it annoying not having the map light.

Go to a different scrap yard, 15 quid + vat is a ripoff. Mine came from a scrap yard (05 reg golf) and it was 5 quid + vat for the light and visor together.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea, I suppose over the number of cars they make it will add up. Still, I find it annoying not having the map light.

Not meaning to rub it in, but I don't even use my map reading lights. I don't see why they made 2 extra lights...I just use the normal 'big' one when I need a bit of light :shrug:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.