Minimum disc thickness on 1.9 FR 130 (05)

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
7mm I think. New discs are 9mm thick and the recommended min thickness is generally 2mm less than new thickness.

+1... Exactly what he said.

Need to change mine, have`nt checked the thickness but there`s a huge lip at the edge!

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
+1... Exactly what he said.

Need to change mine, have`nt checked the thickness but there`s a huge lip at the edge!

Same with mine. Seems to have got much worse after the winter we've just had. Can't compain though, they've done 71k miles :)

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Same with mine. Seems to have got much worse after the winter we've just had. Can't compain though, they've done 71k miles :)

Yeah mine are on 76k, but I imagine the rears last longer than the fronts on any car.
That said I`m not sure if my front discs have ever been replaced!

Nearly got all the parts together for my 312mm conversion so I`m putting all that on the front and replacing the rear discs at the same time.

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
Yeah mine are on 76k, but I imagine the rears last longer than the fronts on any car.
That said I`m not sure if my front discs have ever been replaced!

Nearly got all the parts together for my 312mm conversion so I`m putting all that on the front and replacing the rear discs at the same time.

I got about 38k out of my front pads so had them replaced and they squealed all the time because of the lip that had worn so I put new discs and pads on at about 42k I think. The discs now only have a few thousand left on them now so I'm pleased with the wear rate

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.