Miss firing

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Yesterday car was miss firing and engine management light was flashing but then stopped and fine now. I had 4 new coilpacks from euros Bosch and 2 new injectors and 2 replaced.

Anyone had new euro coilpacks fail that quick? Not sure what else it can be.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Never had a brand new coil pack be faulty but there’s always a first. I’ve got 4 spare coil packs at mine you could try see if it cures the misfire mate.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Never had a brand new coil pack be faulty but there’s always a first. I’ve got 4 spare coil packs at mine you could try see if it cures the misfire mate.
Cheers matey its going in to Seat on Friday for the mirrors doing weird **** after having one replaced think they might need recalibrating.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Ok cool, that’s good hopefully it’s saved the misfire code so at least you’ll know which coil pack was faulty.

Leeoncupra

Leon cupra 240 stg1
Feb 12, 2017
Birmingham england
It's not water sat in the spark plug bores by any chance?

I've had to replace 2 coil packs due to water leaking and filling up where the plugs are located

It gets in the black cover on the bonnet and when it fills up it drips out of where the plastic rivets are underneath the bonnet which unfortunately are directly above the coilpacks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Benmk2cupra

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
It's not water sat in the spark plug bores by any chance?

I've had to replace 2 coil packs due to water leaking and filling up where the plugs are located

It gets in the black cover on the bonnet and when it fills up it drips out of where the plastic rivets are underneath the bonnet which unfortunately are directly above the coilpacks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Definitely think its that mate pulled coilpack and it had that brown coloured water all over it seems a common thing with coilpack 4. Ive ordered the revised clips for the bonnet trim. Going to pull that coilpack and try a spare. The Bosch ones also dont have a seal at the top apparently that stops the water ingress.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Changed coilpack 4 and shes running sweet. Time to see if I can modify engine cover and order some R8 coilpacks lol.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Glad it’s sorted mate. This makes me think about doing something with my bonnet insulation too as over the last few weeks I’ve noticed it’s been damp when I open the bonnet it drips like mad.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Glad it’s sorted mate. This makes me think about doing something with my bonnet insulation too as over the last few weeks I’ve noticed it’s been damp when I open the bonnet it drips like mad.
Think thats why last owner obviously removed it. Does look cleaner with the sound proofing unless you get under the bonnet painted

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
I don't think the revised clips will totally resolve your issue, your better off sealing the entire scuttle whilst you've got it off, you will still get in there and drain through cutout holes. All other your sound proofing/engine.

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
I don't think the revised clips will totally resolve your issue, your better off sealing the entire scuttle whilst you've got it off, you will still get in there and drain through cutout holes. All other your sound proofing/engine.
Cheers mate ill have a go and that as well then.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
I recently pulled the plastic off the bonnet to seal under it as I was getting wet sound proofing and water under the bonnet after rain.
There are holes that allow the water to drip into the engine bay and holes that allow the water to drip into the space either side of the bulkhead.

I put new washers on the plastic push in clips and some ventilation tape, the aluminium stuff, over the inner holes on the bonnet allowing the water to drain to the sides and not into the engine bay.

Sound proofing is dry and no more water pooling on the engine

Reactions: Leeoncupra
Letchworth SEAT - car sales sponsor